CookPosted on January 13, 2021
Crown Ridge Place Long Term Care
Food Services / Hospitality
Quinte West, ON
$ $20.92 HOUR Hourly
Crown Ridge Place Long Term Care in Trenton is seeking a cook to start immediately, under the Nutritional Care Department. The position is potentially part-time or full-time upon discussion with the employer.
- Must consistently demonstrate support of the homes Mission and Values.
- Must have successfully completed a cook or culinary management diploma course from an established college or have attained an Inter-provincial Standards Red Seal Program or must have successfully completed or be enrolled in the Food Service Workers Program with successful completion within 3 years. Proof of completion or enrolment must be provided to the employer.
- Must have successfully completed a Food Handler’s training certificate offered by the Public Health Unit and maintain certification every 5 years. Proof of certification must be provided to the employer.
- Successful applicant must have the ability to fulfill the job expectations and responsibilities set out in the Cook job description, following a 3 week cycle menu, therapeutic diets for texture modification, and standardized recipes and production sheets.
- Experience preparing food for groups of 150 people or more would be an asset.
- Cooking experience in a Long Term Care Home setting would be an asset.
- Ability to work all cook shifts 6:00am-2:00pm and 10:30am-6:30pm.
- Ability to perform duties scheduled in accordance with established methods and techniques and in accordance with standards set out in the Long Term Care Homes Act and policies and procedures of the Home.
- Ability to work with combination/rationale cooking system, an asset.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to positively interact and communicate with the residents of the home, the dietary team and with visitors.
- Ability to provide a clean, safe and sanitized work environment.
- Pre-employment requirements include clear criminal check, COVID testing and TB testing.
CRHCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.