Career Exploration, Planning and Experience
Career Edge’s new youth program, Career Exploration, Planning and Experience Program (CEPE), is designed to assist youth aged 15 – 30 explore their career and educational goals upon completion of high school. Through online employment skills training workshops, one-on-one employment counselling, and a paid employment placement, participants will become better equipped to make informed post-secondary scholastic decisions, in addition to finding and keeping quality employment.
- Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be registered for post-secondary education and/or gainfully employed.
- Ideal candidates for this program would be gap-year students who have completed their high school diploma but have yet to move on to post-secondary education or have deferred their acceptance.
- This program is best suited for clients whose goal is to go onto post-secondary education, but is unclear on their future academic or career path.
- Participants should also be motivated to work or save money for school, as the program includes a paid 5-week placement.
- Workshop topics include career development, the labour market, goal setting, transitioning to post-secondary school, resume and cover letter writing, job searching, essential work skills and job retention.
- One-on-one employment supports and guided career exploration.
- Participants will also receive financial compensation for hours completed in the program.
- Additional financial assistance is available for school applications, child care, and transportation costs, as appropriate.
Participants can be located in the Belleville, Trenton, Picton, Napanee, Campbellford, Northbrook areas.