We can help in a number of ways. We provide:
- an assessment of your skills and experience,
- information about different careers and occupations,
- local labour market, employment and training opportunities,
- information about all Employment Ontario programs and services,
- advice about and referral to other community services and support,
- job leads, as well as referrals to employers that hire exclusively through Career Edge
You can learn about developing effective job search strategies including resume preparation. You can get one-on-one help or attend one of our upcoming seminars.
Depending on your particular employment needs and career goals, a counsellor will determine whether you need more individualized assistance and support to help you develop your career and set goals, assess your skills and interests, and prepare you for interviews and employment.
You may be eligible for on-the-job training and/or work experience support, and in some cases, additional support to help keep you at work.
Who Is It For?
More intensive assisted services – such as personalized job search, job matching and placement, and job retention services – are for people who are unemployed and out of school. A Career Edge counsellor will assess your eligibility for participating in these programs based on your skills, education, experience, interests and career goals.
Where to Apply?
Visit a Career Edge office today and meet with one of our employment counsellors.