Retort OperatorPosted on January 6, 2022
Sprague Foods Ltd.
Through these challenging times have revitalized Sprague Foods and created a highly desired work culture. This long-standing family owned company produces healthy organic soups and beans, to nourish families across North America. Opportunities to join us are open, we invite you to apply. Sprague Foods Ltd has need to fill two positions for a new team “Retort Operators”.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Controls retort chamber (steam pressure cooker) to cook canned foods according to specifications:
- Pushes cages, presses buttons to start flow of canned foods into chamber of retort.
- Closes retort door and turns wheels or moves levers to seal chamber.
- Observes dials and thermometers, and turns valves to admit steam to retort, and control temperature, pressure, and cooking time.
- Turns valves to release steam and admit cooling water into chamber to prevent overcooking at end of cooking cycle.
- Open retort and move cage of canned food to unloading line.
- Record items for example retort number, can size and recipe description, cooking time and number of pounds pressure on canning report.
- Work collaboratively with retort team and supervisor(s).
- Report to QA Manager and Thermal Process Authority for each shift.
- Submit all daily retort sheets and records to Production Package each shift.
Skill Requirements Of This Position:
- Some previous experience working in a manufacturing setting.
- Previous technical experience is preferred
- Ideal candidate possesses a technical aptitude and be physically fit.
- As this is a Health/Food Production Facility, Public Health Mandates Double Vaccination as a requirement, all candidates must be double vaxxed OR if single vaxxed willing to obtain the COVID-19 Vaccination, proof is required upon extension of any employment offer.
- We are always looking for mature, professional candidates who are willing and interested in developing skills, learning how to operate machines, take on responsibility and excel within our company as we continue to grow. Successful candidates will have a dedication to Health & Safety as is demonstrated with vaccinations against COVID-19, a strong attitude of commitment to personal professional development.
- We offer competitive wages and will tailor wages dependent upon the candidates experience and the position, as we are very interested in investing in our employees.
- We offer a group benefit package and retirement savings plan after a three (3) month probation period.
- Schedules our employees have enjoyed is Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., possible rotation to 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. shifts, and may be offered extra work on occasional weekends.
Wage for this position will be determined at time of interview/candidate review, and will correspond to the successful candidate’s experience/skill level.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are to apply via email with “Retort Operator (SF2021-12)” as the subject line, and send to e-mail address: PICTONHR@careeredge.on.ca or drop off application during business hours to attention of:
Tabitha Taylor, Job Developer, Career Edge – Picton, Suite #103 – 141 Main Street, Picton, ON K0K 2T0
Sprague Foods Limited follows all COVID-19 protocols as directed by the Hastings Prince Edward Public Health Unit. All staff is required to follow the daily screening process as set by the Ministry of Labour as well. We are working diligently together to follow all Ontario government directives throughout this pandemic.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.