YJC - Summer Program
About Youth Job Connection Summer
Let us help you prepare for the working world!
If you’re 15 – 18, working less than 20 hours/week and not in school full-time, this program could be for you!
Why should you join?
- It’s FREE!
- Our team will support you, encourage you and guide you!
- You get a placement with a local employer
- You’ll be prepared with all the work readiness skills to enter the workforce!
Youth Job Connection – Summer Program offers youth, aged 15 – 18:
- Opportunities to learn employment readiness skills for initial work placements
- Career development resources to increase your knowledge of employment and career options
- Job placements
- Support in transitioning from education to work
- Help to plan your future
Eligible students receive a minimum of 20 hours of paid pre-employment training and placement with an eligible employer!
The Youth Job Connection – Summer program offers employers:
- Pre-screening and matching of suitable candidates
- Ongoing support to ensure the match is successful
- Wage subsidies to offset costs of hiring