Dear Valued Clients, Employers and Community Partners:
As Ontario re-opens businesses and public spaces to the public, Career Edge has been preparing to gradually and safely re-open our doors. Effective June 14/2021, Career Edge will welcome job seekers and employers into our premises in controlled numbers and by appointment only. We will also continue to provide virtual services to members of our community by phone, email and video meetings.
Please check for updates on the status of our programs, including our e-Services, workshops and events at http://careeredge.on.ca/ and on our social media channels at http://careeredge.on.ca/contact. We appreciate your continued support as we innovate and evolve to serve our community during this unprecedented time.
We look forward to assisting you with your job search, hiring or training needs through our free virtual employment services. Please check our COVID-19 Page and our social media for regular updates. We are working hard to do our part to mitigate the spread of the virus, while maintaining services to our community.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in doing your part to mitigate COVID-19 and keep our community safe!
Please visit the Hastings-Prince Edward Public Health website for up-to-date local information and guidance on COVID-19.
Please visit the Workplace Safety & Prevention Services website for a variety of COVID-19 resources.
As Ontario’s economy gradually re-opens during the #COVID19 pandemic, a new toolkit is now available to support employers and employees in navigating the #mentalhealth implications of returning to physical workplaces.
- Employment Standards Amendment Act (Infectious Diseases Emergencies) for Job-Protected Leave – Office of The Premier
- Employer Package for Workplace Safety – HPEPH
- Stop The Spread Business Information Line – Office of the Premier
- Business and Employee Supports – Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- Legal Information & Resources – Steps to Justice
- Ontario New Programs Focus on Hospitality Workers & Apprentices – Ontario Government News Release
- Your Guide to Filing an Employment Standards Claim – Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development
- Guide on How to Develop a Workplace Safety Plan – Office of the Premier
- Mental Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic – CAMH
- Pandemic Helpline – Addictions and Mental Health Services HPE
- Self Care During COVID-19 for Youth Video – Foundry BC
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Support – Wellness Together Canada
- How to Cope with Social Distancing During COVID-19 – Kids Help Phone
- Managing your Stress & Anxiety during COVID-19 – Centre for Addictions and Mental Health