Youth Inclusion Program (YIP) Case WorkerPosted on October 12, 2021
ROC (Recreation Outreach Centre)
Contract Full Time
Non Profit / Community Services
October 22, 2021
Under the supervision of ROC’s Youth Inclusion Program (YIP) Supervisor, the YIP Case Worker will provide a safe, non-judgmental, and supportive environment for youth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver services and support to at-risk youth residing in Prince Edward County, with the practical ability to respect and promote equity, diversity, and inclusiveness.
- Develop therapeutic working relationships with youth through individualized client-led plans.
- Maintain ongoing evaluation of youth’s goals and plans.
- Work from an anti-oppressive and trauma-informed framework.
- Collaborate with Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board, Bail and Probation Officers; Children’s Aid Societies; Children’s Mental Health Services and other social service agencies.
- Provide crisis intervention, assessment, planning and develop safety plans with youth.
- Capacity to assist in conflict resolution through training or experience.
- Develop targeted intervention activities including relationship building, family support and youth-focused outreach.
- Complete referrals for internal and external programs for long-term intervention, support and counseling.
- Strengthen family and natural supports engagement.
- Advocate for youth needs and access to resources in the community that support mental health wellness.
- Maintain client files; document accurate intake information and complete all necessary forms pertinent to the youth’s plan.
- Engage in professional learning development workshops as requested by the Supervisor that is aligned with the duties of this role.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Youth Inclusion Program Supervisor.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or equivalent in the social services field. Must hold a current registration with a regulatory college in good standing, such as the Ontario College of Social Work.
- Minimum 2 years of direct experience working with youth, knowledge of adolescent developmental theory, and providing case management services.
- Knowledge of challenges youth may face.
- Experience providing various treatment modalities (CBT & DBT strategies, Motivational Interviewing, etc).
- Ability to identify, assess, and intervene differentially with youth.
- Good computer literacy including MS Office Suite, ability to learn additional software.
- Familiarity with Case Management software such as EMHWare an asset.
- Current First Aid CPR certificate an asset.
- ASIST training considered an asset.
- Criminal background check with vulnerable sector.
Terms of Employment:
- Contract Position (9 Month)
- ASAP – June, 2022, with opportunity for extension.
- 35 hours a week (Monday – Thursday).
- Location: 299 Main St, Picton
How to apply: if you are interested in this job opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to ROC’s Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 22nd, 2021.
ROC is committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. Accommodation will be made available for applicants with a disability throughout the hiring process. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.