Training & Public Engagement CoordinatorPosted on September 13, 2021
Alternatives for Women
Contract Full Time
Non Profit / Community Services
Prince Edward, ON K0K 2T0
September 24, 2021
Alternative’s for Women, a feminist organization, provides Second Stage Housing, community counselling, and a transitional services to abused women. AFW is seeking female applicants for the following position:
Training & Public Engagement Coordinator
2-year contract with possibility of extension – Full Time 35 hours a week
The Training & Public Engagement Coordinator will provide public education presentations and engagement with community partners in Prince Edward County. The TPEC will also facilitate Skill Development groups for women and oversee Placement Students/Volunteers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post Secondary Education in Social Services/Women’s Studies, or equivalent through combination of relevant education and related experience
- Familiarity with and experience working in the area of Violence Against Women
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s issues and the anti-violence movement
- Experienced in public speaking
- Understanding of and commitment to working within an intersectional feminist, anti-racism, anti-oppression framework understanding the social, economic and political context of woman abuse
- Ability to promote teamwork and strength in a staff group, as well as work autonomously
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of community services
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Current CPR / First Aid Certificate
- Criminal Background check with Vulnerable Sector
A detailed job description is available on request.
How to apply:
Please forward resume and cover letter with subject line “Training & Public Engagement Coordinator – Job Application” to the attention of:
Leah Morgan, Executive Director
Alternatives for Women
Posting closes at 4:00 P.M. Friday, September 24, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.