Temporary By-Law/Canine Control OfficerPosted on July 20, 2021
Corporation of the County of Prince Edward
Contract Full Time
Non Profit / Community Services
Prince Edward, ON 332 Main Street East
$ $28.58 — 29.94 HOUR Hourly
July 30, 2021
Do you have experience with Municipal By-Laws? Do you enjoy working both indoors and outdoors? The County is looking to fill a Temporary By-Law/Canine Control Officer within our Development Services Department.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the position of By-Law/Canine Control Officer. Reporting to the Chief Building Official/By-Law Enforcement Officer, this position is responsible for enforcement of all applicable By-Laws as directed under the Planning and Municipal Acts, including the Canine Control By-Law and statutory requirements under the Provincial Pit Bull Legislation and Provincial Pounds Act. This position is also responsible for the maintenance and distribution of required statistics and databases as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 diploma with successful completion of post-secondary education in Police Foundations or related discipline
- Minimum one (1) year of related work experience with Certified Municipal Law Enforcement Officer (MLEO) or in progress
- Experience in responding to infractions which may result in the removal, sedation or euthanasia of animals determined to be dangerous or diseased
- Flexible to work shift work inclusive of weekends and on-call duties
- Proven communication, public relations and time management skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in all matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and related software applications
- Proof of valid Class “G” Driver’s Licence
- Satisfactory Criminal Background check
The current rate of pay for this position is $28.58 to $29.94 per hour as per Band 9 of CUPE Local 2275’s Collective Agreement, plus 10% in lieu of benefits and 4% in lieu of vacation.
How to Apply Here:
Please direct your application prior to 4:00pm on July 30, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.