Students at Work – Direct Support ProfessionalsPosted on March 17, 2023
Community Living PEC
Prince Edward, ON K0K 2T0
April 14, 2023
We are looking to hire six (6) summer students (8 weeks – 30 hours / week)
Pursuing a Human Services degree and looking for a summer job? Enjoy assisting young adults? Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives in just 8 weeks?
We’re Community Living Prince Edward and for more than 50 years we’ve inspired possibilities and changed lives here in the County. Our team of 150+ professionals provide outstanding supports and services to people who live with an intellectual disability and their families throughout Prince Edward County. Every day, we support people to live with dignity, participate in our community and feel respected as valued citizens.
We’re hiring two Students at Work Direct Support Professionals for an eight-week (30 hours/week) seasonal position in Picton, Ontario. These summer roles are dependent on funding confirmation which is anticipated in mid-April 2023.
Our Students at Work program helps young adults with disabilities build life experiences, volunteer and get hired in the community. Learn from experienced professionals and help County youth thrive, participate and grow this summer!
You Can Expect
· A competitive salary, starting at $18.00/hour plus 4% added to every pay for vacation pay ,
· On-the-job training from experienced colleagues as well as ongoing learning opportunities
· The satisfaction of helping people live their best lives
· Access to a comprehensive online employee portal, communications updates.
· An employee recognition program and fun staff appreciation events!
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Building community awareness and promoting the value of inclusive employment, volunteerism as well as recreational activities.
- Identifying potential opportunities for inclusion and create a work plan to bring these opportunities to life.
- Assisting people in meeting their individual learning objectives, preparing for jobs and volunteering as well as developing new skills.
- Liaising with community partners to help ensure successful placements and identify any follow-up activities.
- Recognizing and reporting any Health and Safety issues requiring attention.
- Coordinating workshops as well as professional growth and development activities focussed on work and employment related matters.
- Assisting Students at Work and College Readiness participants with developing their skills and portfolios.
We’re Looking For
- Enrolment in a Human Services degree/diploma program – Developmental Services Worker, Social Service Worker, Child and Youth Worker or other Social Services
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and teamwork skills
- Ability to follow direction, work independently and outline clear expectations to others.
- An individual who thrives when helping others, is a strong advocate for inclusive communities and champions our values
- Valid G Class Driver’s License, access to a reliable vehicle is required (if personal car used, mileage is compensated)
Proof of full COVID19 vaccination – i.e. 2 weeks post 2 doses (and open to ongoing boosters) and a current First Aid / CPR certificate
Want to make a real difference in peoples’ lives this summer? Contact Jennifer now to apply and/or learn more now! Please email your resume to Jennifer McFarlane, Human Resources at HR@clpe.on.ca
Community Living Prince Edward is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environments. If you require an accommodation, please let us know. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Visit clpe.on.ca to learn more about us
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.