Shipper-ReceiverPosted on October 16, 2020
Trenton Cold Storage
Quinte West, ON 21 Albert Street
$ $18.46 — 19.46 HOUR Hourly
November 14, 2020
Established in 1902, at Trenton Cold Storage our specialty is customized temperature-controlled warehousing and distribution. We provide Canada with more than 34,000,000 cubic feet of cold storage and refrigerated warehouse space in our seven Ontario and two Alberta facilities. We are looking for Shipper-Receivers to join our team
Responsibilities & Duties
• Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents
• Maintain internal record-keeping system
• Route goods to appropriate storage areas
• Pack goods to be shipped
• Unpack goods received
• Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
• Oversee loading and unloading of goods
• Inbound –greet drivers
• Organize receiving documentation by appointment times and priority and enter into warehouse management system. Assign door to driver
• Inspect product in trailers, check temperatures
• Unload trailers and receive product using material handling equipment (able to lift up to 50lbs)
• Put product away in assigned locations
• Outbound – Use warehouse management system to retrieve order lists, look for product and confirm orders
• Bring out full pallets using forklift, light maintenance of forklift truck
• Accurately pick orders for shipment
• Clean up damages and provide recoup for orders
• Prepare and organize bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents.
• Finalize loads
• Return paperwork to driver, affix seals and release truck
• Maintain clean working environment
• Experience: Experience is an asset. We will train.
• This position is physically demanding and involves manual labour.
• Workers must be able to work in cold temperatures (-18C)
• Workers must have good communication skills and be able to use computers
• Forklift license is an asset
-Work under pressure
-Handling heavy loads
-Bending, crouching, kneeling
-Standing/sitting for extended periods
-Mental concentration required
Completion of secondary school
-We provide disability, dental, extended medical insurance and pension. We also provide boot allowance, fitness allowance, profit sharing, uniforms, reward and incentive program, training and paid sick days.
Important information: – Flexibility in schedule and overtime work will be required. The position involves working on rotating shifts and may include weekends. Shifts will either be a M.A.D. rotation (8 hour shifts, Midnights, Afternoons, Days) or a continental rotation (12 hour shifts, rotating days and nights every two weeks including weekends). Schedule will be based on customer volumes.