ServerPosted on February 22, 2022
The Local Social House
Part Time & Full Time
Food Services / Hospitality
Belleville, ON 211 Coleman Street
August 31, 2022
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary responsibility is for taking orders from and serving food to customers. Duties will include taking food and drink orders, writing them down on order slips and ensuring that tables are served promptly and that all payments are collected.
Monitor and observe guests’ dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a positive attitude and an ability to perform high-quality work under pressure with bussers, cooks and other staff. Previous work experience involving customer service in a fast-paced environment is an asset.
- GREET GUESTS UPON ARRIVAL IN A PLEASANT AND PROFESSIONAL MANNER. ENGAGE WITH CUSTOMERS IN A FRIENDLY MANNER.
- TAKE FOOD AND DRINK ORDERS FROM CUSTOMERS ACCURATELY AND WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE.
- CHECK GUESTS’ IDENTIFICATION TO ENSURE THAT THEY MEET MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.
- PRESENT MENUS TO GUESTS AND ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT MENU ITEMS, BEVERAGES, AND OTHER RESTAURANT FUNCTIONS AND SERVICES.
- INFORM GUESTS OF MENU CHANGES AND DAILY SPECIALS. BE
- WRITE PATRONS’ FOOD AND DRINK ORDERS ON ORDER SLIPS AND ENTER ORDERS INTO COMPUTERS FOR TRANSMITTAL TO KITCHEN AND BAR STAFF.
- BRING WINE SELECTIONS TO TABLES WITH APPROPRIATE GLASSES AND POUR WINES FOR GUESTS.
- ENSURE TABLES ARE ENJOYING THEIR MEALS AND TAKE ACTION TO CORRECT ANY PROBLEMS.
- REMOVE DISHES AND GLASSES FROM TABLES OR COUNTERS AND TAKE THEM TO KITCHEN FOR CLEANING.
- PREPARE CHECKS THAT ITEMIZE AND TOTAL MEAL COSTS AND SALES TAXES AND COLLECT PAYMENTS FROM TABLES.
- HELP FOOD PREPARATION STAFF WHEN NECESSARY.
- ASSIST HOST OR HOSTESS BY ANSWERING PHONES TO TAKE RESERVATIONS OR TO-GO ORDERS AND BY GREETING, SEATING AND THANKING GUESTS.
- ROLL SILVERWARE, SET UP FOOD STATIONS OR SET UP DINING AREAS TO PREPARE FOR THE NEXT SHIFT OR FOR LARGE PARTIES. PREPARE TABLES FOR MEALS INCLUDING SETTING UP ITEMS SUCH AS LINENS, SILVERWARE AND GLASSWARE.
- STOCK SERVICE AREAS WITH SUPPLIES SUCH AS TABLEWARE AND LINENS. FILL SALT, PEPPER. SUGAR, CREAM, CONDIMENT AND NAPKIN CONTAINERS.
- PERFORM CLEANING DUTIES SUCH AS SWEEPING AND MOPPING FLOORS, VACUUMING CARPET, TIDYING UP SERVER STATION, TAKING OUT TRASH OR CHECKING AND CLEANING BATHROOMS.
You will report to the Front of House Manager and work as part of a team including servers, bartenders and kitchen staff.
How to Apply:
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.