Senior IT Support Technician – KingstonPosted on January 21, 2022
$ $22 — 26.00 HOUR Hourly
July 31, 2022
OT Group is one of the largest independently owned office technology suppliers in Canada. We are focused on providing exceptional customer service, industry-leading technology products and substantial financial value. We have seven locations in Ontario with our head office in Belleville to our branch locations from Markham through to the Quebec border. Our capable team of approximately 60 staff members live and work in the regions they service which helps to reduce our environmental impact and ensures the best possible response times to our customers.
Under the same ownership since 1988, our company is preparing to implement a significant growth strategy and is looking for Senior IT Support Technicians to join our team. These positions are full-time and permanent. This role may require potential on-call availability.
This role will be based out of our Kingston location. The compensation range for this position is $22.00-26.00 based on experience.
As a top employer in our industry, we take pride in offering our employees an exceptional place to work. We offer all of our employees:
- Competitive compensation and health benefits
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth and development
- Work/life balance
- Shareholder and pension opportunities
- Company social events
- A family oriented environment!
Our IT Support Technicians have a variety of responsibilities. They will assist our customers daily with inquiries and support with the following service offerings:
- Managed IT Services
- Infrastructure Design and Support
- Data Protection and Recovery
- Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing
- Server Hardware, Software and Desktop/Mobile Solutions
- Cloud Based Phone Systems
- Electronic Document Management and Workflow Solutions
The successful candidate will have:
· Completion of post-secondary education in computer technologies and/or software coding
· Minimum three (3) years’ experience working for a MSP, including a minimum of three (3) years working in a Microsoft Server Environment that includes:
o Microsoft Server 2016 or newer
o Microsoft Exchange 2013 or newer
o Microsoft SQL
o Microsoft SharePoint
o Active Directory
· A valid G Class license, clean drivers abstract and ability to provide their own transportation
· Certifications in A+, Network+, MCSE, Cisco and VMware recommended
· Experience with Office 365 configuration and Tenancy Deployment
· Experience configuring data back plans and policies for Windows based environments
· Experience configuring and deploying VMware virtual servers and Internet connectivity and routers
· Experience utilizing a Remote Monitoring and Management Tools such as ConnectWise or Solarwinds
· Ability to create code using C# considered an asset
· Strong troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· An exceptional commitment to customer experience and satisfaction
· A desire to learn new skills and enhance their current knowledge
If you are a confident, dedicated and hard working professional who is motivated to achieve high standards of quality service and value to customers, we would we love to hear from you!
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, OT Group will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
How to Apply:
Please visit: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/67560 to submit your application.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.