Residential Support WorkersPosted on December 16, 2021
Alliance Youth Services Inc.
Part Time & Full Time
Roslin, ON K0K 2Y0
Are you looking for an exciting, fast paced, rewarding and challenging position in community services? If so, we want to hear from you today!
Our growing company is a recognized leader in providing long-term care for individuals with FASD. Our employees receive comprehensive training and extensive support to ensure the children/youth and adults we serve have the highest standard of living possible and opportunities for long term success.
We are currently seeking passionate, creative, and resilient Residential Support Workers who have strong desire and commitment to serve, support and enhance the quality of life and well-being of those in our care.
Sounds awesome so far, doesn’t it? But wait…there’s more!
We believe the health and welfare of all employees and their families are of great importance. Employees who work 24 hours a week or more qualify for group health benefits which include Dental, Vision, and extended health benefits for you as well as your family!
Our philosophy of care is based on the continuity of services within the agency. We provide a safe, predictable, and nurturing environment in our Staff Model Homes where clients can develop their potential in all aspects of their lives. We provide clients with a wide variety of therapeutic services, extensive programming, and aftercare support to ensure the full development of the individual we support.
If you want to make a difference in the community and help build brighter futures, you won’t want to miss this opportunity!
Our team of support professionals may come from variety of backgrounds and experiences, but we all have a few things in common:
- We are dependable and accountable.
- We embrace diversity and celebrate our differences.
- We respect and appreciate the dedicated members of our team.
- We encourage and support creativity and innovation.
- We ensure the best standard of living and life experiences possible.
- We are partners and allies to agencies, families, and employees.
- We respect and understand the strengths and abilities of our clients.
- We value ongoing training, and lifelong learning opportunities.
What are people saying about working here:
What will you do as a Residential Support Worker?
- Supervise client and ensure that they receive exceptional daily care and their health care and safety are maintained.
- Implement strategies for individuals with specialized needs and/or mental health diagnosis using a preventative and proactive approach focusing on environmental modifications.
- Ensure that clients are engaged and involved in meaningful recreational activities.
- Implement and follow through with Plans of Care.
- Support and assist co-workers with teamwork and sharing of responsibilities.
- Abide by mandatory reporting procedures, write various necessary reports.
- Maintain home cleanliness.
- Medication administration.
- Follow all company personnel policies.
- Your duties may be modified, from time to time, in our sole discretion and for business reasons, to achieve our organizational objectives.
What are the position requirements?
- Post-secondary education/Diploma or degree in a related field.
- Organizational, decision-making and leadership abilities.
- Excellent verbal communication and written communication skills.
- Ability to function independently within the framework of a team.
- Excellent computer skills (working knowledge of MS Office).
- Demonstrate maturity and reliability at all times and be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check and appropriate medical clearances i.e. up-to-date immunizations.
- Experience with FASD an asset.
- Current and valid Class G Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
- Willingness to drive clients to appointments and recreational/leisure activities in your vehicle.
- Valid automobile insurance in your name with minimum 1-million-dollar liability insurance coverage.
- We follow Provincial Guidelines for COVID-19 Safety.
- Full-time permanent and part-time permanent positions are available. Shifts outlined below:
Full Time: 4pm-12am Tuesday to Saturday Part Time: 8am-4pm/4pm-12am Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday Full time hours: 40 hours per week (5 shifts) Part time hours: 16-32 hours per week (2-4 shifts)
- Location is scenic Roslin – just 15 minutes outside of City of Belleville.
- Salary $16.50 – $18.50 per hour.
How to apply:
Please remit your application letter and resume via email to: PictonHR@careeredge.on.ca
In your subject line/body of email, identify AYS-RSW2021-11; Residential Support Workers.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.