Residential Support WorkersPosted on October 13, 2021
Alliance Youth Services Inc.
Part Time & Full Time
Prince Edward, ON
Are you looking for an exciting, fast paced, rewarding and challenging position in community services? If so, we want to hear from you today!
Our team of support professionals may come from variety of backgrounds and experiences, but we all have a few things in common:
- We are dependable and accountable
- We embrace diversity and celebrate our differences
- We respect and appreciate the dedicated members of our team
- We encourage and support creativity and innovation
- We ensure the best standard of living and life experiences possible
- We are partners and allies to agencies, families, and employees
- We respect and understand the strengths and abilities of our clients
- We value ongoing training, and lifelong learning opportunities
What are people saying about working here:
What will you do as a Residential Support Worker?
- Supervise client and ensure that they receive exceptional daily care and their health care and safety are maintained
- Implement strategies for individuals with specialized needs and/or mental health diagnosis using a preventative and proactive approach focusing on environmental modifications
- Ensure that clients are engaged and involved in meaningful recreational activities
- Implement and follow through with Plans of Care
- Support and assist co-workers with teamwork and sharing of responsibilities
- Abide by mandatory reporting procedures, write various necessary reports
- Maintain home cleanliness
- Medication administration
- Follow all company personnel policies
- Your duties may be modified, from time to time, in our sole discretion and for business reasons, to achieve our organizational objectives
What are the position requirements?
- Post-secondary education/Diploma or degree in a related field
- Organizational, decision-making and leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal communication and written communication skills
- Ability to function independently within the framework of a team
- Excellent computer skills (working knowledge of MS Office)
- Demonstrate maturity and reliability at all times and be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check and appropriate medical clearances i.e. up-to-date immunizations.
- Experience with FASD an asset
- Current and valid Class G Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
- Willingness to drive clients to appointments and recreational/leisure activities in your vehicle
- Valid automobile insurance in your name with minimum 1-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
- We follow Provincial Guidelines for COVID-19 Safety.
- Full-time permanent and part-time permanent positions are available.
- Salary starting from $18.50 per hour.
How to apply:
Please remit your application letter and resume via email to: PictonHR@careeredge.on.ca
In your subject line/body of email, identify AYS-RSW2021-10; Residential Support Workers.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.