Residential Cabinetry InstallerPosted on February 12, 2024
Home Hardware Building Centre
Prince Edward, ON K0K 2T0
March 12, 2024
Consider this rare opportunity to join Picton Home Hardware Building Centre, Bay View Home Hardware, and Wellington Home Building Centre using all your trade skills and talents.
Position’s hours are: Full time Hours 32-40 per week. Must be available to work weekdays and the occasional weekend if required.
JOB DUTIES OVERVIEW:
- On-site project installation work.
- Instore and location specific repair and maintenance work.
- Shop work and counter top preparation/manufacturing.
- Order materials and schedule subcontractors.
- Coordinate scheduling and details with the manager and lead installer.
- Expedite timely completion of the work.
- Ensure jobsite safety and enforce jobsite rules.
- Maintain regular client contact for duration of projects.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing on-site project installation work & various site repair and maintenance.
- Performing required preparation and manufacturing of counter tops and other fixtures, as well as any other shop work as needed.
- Requesting help as required and anticipating the need for additional carpenters so that they can be scheduled in a timely fashion.
- Reporting late subs, scheduling problems, and for keeping the Associate in charge informed of job status.
- Purchasing and ordering materials except as specified by the Manager in charge. You must plan ahead for timely delivery and use the vendor’s delivery services whenever possible.
- Time management to ensure that there is sufficient time each evening for end-of-day procedures, such as clean-up and security. You also must notify Clients in advance of utility service interruption.
- Jobsite safety for both the Clients and the workers. Inspect all equipment on site for proper safety features and correct any unsafe conditions. Ladders must be taken down at night and security fences must be checked before departure. You are responsible for locking the Client’s house before leaving.
- Keeping track of carpentry job hours and making sure that all time entered on all workers’ time cards relates to the cost-coded specification sheet. Time cards must be filled out at the end of each working day or you must be sign in and out of company timeclock.
- Maintenance of building and properties owned and operated by employers.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time without notice.
- Installing or working for competitors may lead to immediate termination. Working for Home Hardware customers outside of the Store or causally for store customers may also lead to immediate termination.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and politely with the Client throughout the job.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate complex and multiple jobs, job sites, and tradespeople at the same time.
- Basic rough and finish carpentry skills.
- Knowledge of a broad range of construction methods and techniques.
- A basic understanding of all trades relevant to the projects.
- Follow direction of senior staff and management.
- Is a self-starter and can manage their time to complete task without direct supervision.
- Effective written & oral communication skills.
- Physically capable of lifting 75 pounds unassisted.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test & make adjustments.
- Comply with safety regulations & maintain clean orderly work areas.
Location: Picton Ontario
Starting Wage: $52 – $55K
How to apply: Resumes to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.