Registered Practical Nurse – PTPosted on July 14, 2022
Corporation of the County of Prince Edward
Long Term Care
Prince Edward, ON K0K 2T0
The Corporation of the County of Prince Edward – HJ McFarland Memorial Care Home
Posting File # 2022-21
The H.J. McFarland Home is a non-profit long-term care facility located on the outskirts of Picton, Ontario in beautiful Prince Edward County. Our philosophy of care is one that recognizes the individuality of each resident and where all staff, family members and community partners are valued and respected for their contributions to resident care. Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Registered Practical Nurse. Reporting to the Director of Care, this position is responsible for providing quality life care that encompasses the physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs of all H.J. McFarland Memorial Home’s Residents. This will include the completion of Resident Care in accordance with the Home’s Mission, Vision, and Values Statement.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in the designated nursing field with a current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum 2 years work experience.
- Prior experience working in a long-term care facility.
- Ability to work within legislated standards and guidelines.
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exercise respect, tact, diplomacy, and good judgement when dealing with residents and team members.
- Knowledge and training under the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Proof of a satisfactory vulnerable sector screening check.
The current hourly rate of pay for this position is $28.05 to $29.12 per hour, plus 14% in lieu of benefits and 4% in lieu of vacation as per the UNIFOR Local 8300 Collective Agreement.
During 2022, this posting will remain open on a continual basis until removed. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask via Career Edge – PEC or Careers@PECounty.on.ca
How to apply:
- It is highly recommended that your subject line and application letter include this postings file #2022-21.
- Please submit your application prior to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your
request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1044.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and
The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the
selection of a suitable candidate.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.