Production AssociatePosted on January 23, 2023
February 23, 2023
Mirmil Products is looking for Production Associates!
At Mirmil Products our team manufactures a variety of unique architectural millwork projects for commercial customers ranging from complicated to standard and from bulk orders to one-of a kind. You know that ‘wow’ feeling you get in a grand lobby of a hotel or casino? We help create that!
Why work with us?
Mirmil Products is a locally owned and growing Canadian company who has recently relocated to a larger facility in Campbellford, Ontario. We operate Monday to Friday days to accommodate work-life balance and offer progressive jobs on brand new equipment. Our employees have been key to our success, and we move forward with a focus on being an employer of choice.
Who will be successful with us?
Mirmil Products is looking for employees that are dependable, demonstrate initiative, deliver results and do so with a positive attitude and an energetic approach.
The Production Associate is accountable for the safe and efficient performance of a variety of tasks associated with the manufacturing of custom architectural millwork pieces.
· Create, monitor and maintain a well kept, organized and safe work environment while promoting, complying with and enforcing adherence to health and safety rules, regulations, procedures and policies
· Safely and efficiently perform tasks as directed including (but not limited to):
o Assist machine operators with preparation, operation and output of machines
o Perform shipping and receiving duties
o Load and unload trucks utilizing manual, assisted and powered means
o Handle and move materials throughout the warehouse and facility
o Sand and finish wood products
o Smooth, shape, touch up and repair surfaces and parts
o Brush, spray, or hand-apply finishing ingredients
o Clean working areas
o Act as backup and assist in various areas as needed
· Set up, operate and maintain a variety of hand and power tools commonly associated with woodworking including screwdrivers, hammers, sanders, chisels, grinders, sprayers and exhaust booths
· Complete required tasks using a variety of manual methods, tools and supplies including plastic or wood putty, glue, nails, screws, finishing substances (primer, paint, oil, stain, wax, lacquer, sealers), sandpaper, pumice stones, steel wool, solvents
· Inspect and ensure any machines and equipment are running optimally including cleanliness, oil levels, glue levels, temperatures, grease points, and lock points prior to use
· Read and precisely follow specifications and work orders to produce specific work components
· Physical capabilities of safely lifting and maneuvering up to 50 lbs
· Proactive approach with demonstrated initiative and ability to be flexible
· Ability to take direction, focus and work with minimal supervision
· Ability to read and understand directives and safety precautions on products and equipment
· Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
· Fluidity to work with projects based on the imperial system of measurement
For a list of current openings, full job descriptions and to send us your resume go to mirmil.ca
Mirmil Products is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources indicating you require an accommodation.
We appreciate all interest in this position but only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.