Primary Care Nurse PractitionerPosted on April 4, 2022
Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre
Contract Full Time
Quinte West, ON 69 Catherine Street
$ $55.73 — 67.75 HOUR Hourly
Primary Care Nurse Practitioner – Starting Immediately
Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre (BQWCHC) (Quinte West location)
Full or Part Time Available – 6 Month Contract – $55.73–$67.75 Hourly
Belleville & Quinte West Community Health Centre (BQWCHC) is a community-based primary health care organization that provides community-focused health promotion, illness prevention, and comprehensive primary health care services. We work from a health equity perspective, prioritizing people and communities who face systemic barriers to accessing services. The Centre has a vision for a healthier community where all people have access to quality care and services delivered with respect.
As part of an inter-disciplinary team, Nurse Practitioners provide comprehensive primary care services to a roster of clients at all ages and stages of the life cycle with an emphasis on those who are high risk and/or are experiencing barriers to accessing services. Primary Care Nurse Practitioners at BQWCHC act as most responsible provider in consultation with a BQWCHC primary care physician.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Clinical services – performs assessments, diagnosis, treatments, health education / counselling and other medical functions based on appropriate standards of practice
· Continuity of Care – conducts same-day access appointments, home visits as required, and provides on call support
· Equity & client-centered approach – works with clients, and engages with other services, in a manner that is mindful of the whole person/community within a social context and impacted by social determinants of health
· Quality Improvement – participates in continuous quality improvement work
· Teamwork – works collaboratively as a member of the interdisciplinary team
· Administrative – contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of clinical protocols and medical directives, and other process improvements
· Mentoring – supports and evaluates students, medical residents, and others learners
· RN (EC) license to practice from College of Nurses of Ontario
· Experienced as a Nurse Practitioner, with preference to those with experience in primary health care or in a community setting, required
· Experience working effectively with communities and individuals who face barriers accessing health care and other supports; with a focus on mental health challenges and problematic substance use, preferred
· Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively and respectfully in a collaborative, interdisciplinary team environment
· Understanding of and experience utilizing a trauma-informed approach, preferred
· Work hours include one evening shift per week and participation in a “on call” roster
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter electronically to email@example.com.
Within the subject line of your email, please indicate the position title for which you are applying.
Posted until filled.
BQWCHC is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please call 613-965-0698 x 163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit our website at www.bqwchc.com.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.