Personal Support Worker (PSW) VON CanadaPosted on November 23, 2022
Part Time & Full Time
December 24, 2022
The Power to Change Lives!
With VON you get to hit the open road, where the scenery and work is different every day. We offer a workplace free from the repetitive and boring, where you know you’ve helped someone remain independent, and you get to meet some great people along the way.
Come for the job, stay for the chance to make a real difference.
Our Personal Support Workers provide care in clients homes and other settings in over 160 communities across Ontario:
- Work with clients in their homes to provide personal care
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing and bathing
- Provide respite care
- Plan and prepare meals and light household duties
- Help with mobility and transfers
- Monitor and maintain household safety
- ….and much more
What we can offer you:
- Excellent total rewards package including group benefits and generous vacation allowance
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Mentoring opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- SMART phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 120 years strong
- This position is eligible for the temporary $3.00 per hour wage enhancement from the Ontario Government for all hours spent directly caring for clients.
What we need from you:
- Certificate in Personal Support Worker (PSW) program or Health Care Aide (HCA) are preferred
- Developmental Service Workers (DSWs), nursing students, internationally educated nurses and other types of support staff are also welcome to apply!
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
How to Apply Here:
Please go to: https://jobs.jobvite.com/von/job/ojOzlfwL
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.