Personal Support WorkerPosted on July 6, 2021
County of Lennox and Addington
Medical / Health
Napanee, ON 309 Bridge Street West
$ $21.94 — 25.14 HOUR Hourly
Personal Support Worker – Posting # 2021-91
Location: Nursing Services – The John M. Parrott Centre
Supervisor: Manager of Nursing Services
Hours of Work: Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends
Salary Range: $21.94 to $25.14 per hour (as per the CUPE Collective Agreement)
Closing Date: July 25, 2021
The John M. Parrott Centre is a fully accredited state-of-the-art, 168 bed long term care facility, owned and operated by the County of Lennox and Addington, in the Town of Greater Napanee. We are currently seeking highly motivated and energetic people for the position of Personal Support Worker.
Employee Signing Bonus: New applicants who meet eligibility requirements will receive a signing bonus
• PSW Certificate with 600 hours of curriculum required to work in a Long-term care facility
• Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g. lifting / transferring patients
• Proficiency in computer software applications such as MS Office
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
• Ability to work a variety of shifts as well as be available for call-in
• Provide all activities of daily living for the residents
• Provide cognitive, social and/or emotional support and stimulation
• Work as part of a team and communicate effectively with residents and co-workers
• Requires understanding of the special needs of the elderly and Ministry of Health Compliance Standards in a long term care setting
• Assist with ambulation, mobilization, transferring and adaptive aids
REGULATED SAFETY ACTIVITIES:
• Must adhere to all service area / The John M. Parrott Centre policies and procedures as outlined in WHMIS, Infection Control, Fire & Safety, other manuals and legislation
• Responsible to adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety procedures of the Act and the facility
• Utilize proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect the health and safety of our staff and residents, you are not able to work for another Healthcare employer, except where you have been fully immunized (i.e. received the total number of required doses of vaccine approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines) and it has been at least 14 days since you received your final dose).
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at www.lennox-addington.on.ca
Note: you are currently unable to apply using a mobile phone
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.