Personal Support/Residential Care WorkersPosted on December 11, 2020
Alliance Youth Services
Part Time & Full Time
Medical / Health
Roslin, ON K0K 2Y0
$ $16.50 HOUR Hourly
Alliance Youth Services is hiring a Residential Support Worker in Roslin Ontario.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Implement strategies for individuals with specialized needs and/or mental diagnosis
- Supervise clients and ensure that each client is receiving exceptional daily care
- Ensure that clients are engaged and involved in meaningful recreational activities
- Ensure clients health care and safety are maintained.
- Implement and follow through with plans of care
- Support and assist co-workers with teamwork and sharing of responsibilities
- Behaviour management of clients using a preventative and proactive approach focusing on environmental modifications
- Abide by mandatory reporting procedures, write various necessary reports
- Maintain home cleanliness
- Medication administration
- Follow all company personnel policies
- Diploma or Degree in a related field or relevant experience
- Organizational, decision-making and leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to function independently within the framework of a team
- Excellent written skills (ability to write legible, clear and concise reports)
- Excellent computer skills (working knowledge of MS Office)
- Demonstrate maturity and reliability at all times and be able to work under pressure
- Current and valid Class G Driver’s License and a car
- Driving clients to appointments and recreation in your vehicle
- Valid automobile insurance
- Must be able to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must be able to obtain appropriate medical clearances
Full Time: Monday to Friday 12 a.m. – 8 a.m.
Part Time: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. & 4 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Part Time: Saturdays and Sundays 12 a.m. – 8 a.m.
Alliance Youth Services Inc. specializes in the support and care for individuals with special needs. We strive to build the capacity and skills of individuals, families, caregivers and agencies to improve the quality of life for the individuals we serve. We provide a wide variety of services including Specialized Foster Care for children and adults, Staff Model Residences, Consultation for FASD or challenging behaviours, and FASD Training for agencies and caregivers.
We are a recognized leader in providing long-term care for individuals with FASD or that have had multiple failed placements. Our Management and Clinical Team, as well as Foster Parents and Support Staff receive comprehensive training and extensive support to ensure the children/youth and adults we serve have the highest standard of living possible and opportunities for long-term success. Our Specialized Foster Care and Staff Model Programs, as well as Psychological and Support Services are available to children, youth, adults, families and agencies across Ontario.
At Alliance Youth Services the health and welfare of all employees and their families is of great importance. AYS provides group health benefits to all Full-Time employees who work 40 hours weekly and to all Part-Time employees who have a contract for at least 24 hours weekly.
How To Apply
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.