CookPosted on February 9, 2024
Brighton Retirement Living by Legacy
March 10, 2024
Brighton Retirement Living by Legacy is a new all inclusive retirement home in the town of Brighton. The Legacy teams takes care of the housekeeping, meals, maintenance, and repairs so residents’ days are filled with only what they want to do.
Brighton Retirement Living is seeking a Part Time Cook.
- Prepare and/or be responsible for the preparation/delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees;
- Review menus and production sheets before preparing meals and prepare and serve them properly and attractively;
- Ensure use of proper food handling techniques;
- Complete daily temperature audits for fridge, freezers and storerooms and record findings on daily audit form;
- Prepare and serve foods for therapeutic /speciality diets according to planned menus;
- Make menu substitutions as necessary and record these in designated place;
- Adhere to time schedules for service of meals and nourishments;
- Follow daily production charts, standardized recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget;
- Comply with all provincial/municipal regulations and established dietary department policies and procedures;
- Participate actively in planning/preparing special occasion and theme meal days;
- Attend department and facility staff meetings, in-services and other necessary training sessions;
- Be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- Follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Cooking: 2-3 years of experience preferred.
- Must possess a Food Handler’s Certificate
- Must have experience in large quantity food preparation, preferably in a healthcare or retirement setting
- Must be knowledgeable of the Provincial Food Premises Regulation and Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- Must have knowledge of and experience with special and therapeutic diets
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
- This is a part-time position; hours will vary and weekends will be required
- Food Handler’s Certificate Required
How to apply here:
Please send cover letter and resume to Sarah Tilley at email@example.com indicating position in subject line.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.