Marketing & Communications CoordinatorPosted on January 24, 2023
Small Business Centre
Contract Full Time
Marketing / Sales
Belleville, ON 248 Wallbridge Loyalist Road
$ $20.32 — 23.54 HOUR Hourly
February 11, 2023
The Small Business Centre is a not for profit organization dedicated to entrepreneurs in Belleville, Quinte West, Prince Edward County, Hastings County, and Lennox & Addington County. We are one of 52 SBEC’s (Small Business Enterprise Centres) funded in partnership by the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade. The Small Business Centre strives to inspire entrepreneurs to launch and grow successful business within the mainstream economy in the region. Mainstream businesses account for 85% of Canada’s economy. We guide our clients to increase their chance of success and survival by providing advice, education, grants and tools to incorporate into their business. By helping our clients be successful, we create economic wealth through job creation and retention. We offer no cost, one-on-one professional advice, no cost workshops and other specialized services. We also administer the provincially funded entrepreneurship programs Summer Company and Starter Company Plus.
The successful individual will have knowledge of marketing principles, digital media, general office procedures, excellent organizational skills and an ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients and staff. The responsibilities of this position primarily include, but are not necessarily limited to, working with Small Business Centre Manager on various marketing and communications initiatives, administration, client satisfaction surveys, developing workshops and events.
• Answer the telephone, greet walk-in visitors, and be the first point of contact on electronic tools (email, social media, Eventbrite, etc)
• Act as of the first point of contact for all partners of the Quinte Business Development Centre
• With direction from the Manager and/or Executive Director, create and deliver newsletters, press releases and general communications
• Develop weekly workshops with relevant content for the business community
• Develop marketing campaigns; including drafting & editing marketing collateral such as print materials and digital marketing content, and social media strategy
• Direct customers to appropriate resources – Provincial and federal entrepreneur resource and grant sites / Futurpreneur / Employment Ontario / CRA, Chambers of Commerce / workshops / consultations / market research resources / youth programs / SBC website / online resources
• Update SBC website using Word Press where possible and manage SBC and Trenval social media channels
• Coordinate SBC events and workshops
• Attend community events on behalf of SBC when necessary
• Strong knowledge of online software such as Canva, Photoshop, Eventbrite, etc
• Research relevant content for distribution to SBC newsletter subscribers
• Maintain efficient records as per provincial mandate and board of directors
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Contacting past clients to re-establish active contact
Work together as a team to ensure the smooth operation of the office
• Other duties as required or directed by the Manager and/or Executive Director
• 3 plus years working experience in business or entrepreneurship setting
• Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
• Degree in Business/Marketing discipline
• Excellent technical skills: knowledge of MS Office, Internet, and online software
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills; ability to exercise good judgment and tact
• Ability to multi-task efficiently, work on several projects simultaneously under timelines
• Ability to communicate and relate well with clients, staff, volunteers and the general public in a respectful, cooperative and friendly manner
• Proactive, energetic and with a positive attitude to work and life
• Strong interest in the entrepreneurial sector
• Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to work as a team member and/or independently
The SBC likes to provide an inclusive positive work environment and culture that is respectful of each other and working with the goal to provide the best service to our clients.
Our core values are:
• Honesty – We will be genuine, fair, truthful and sincere in all our dealings.
• Respect – We will show consideration and deference for the contribution of others.
• Trust – We will behave responsibility and honourably, we will allow ourselves to be open, approachable and create an atmosphere that encourages candor.
• Openness – We will share information in a timely fashion, respecting the need for prudence and confidentiality.
• Results – We will create positive community outcomes through innovation, entrepreneurial leadership, excellent client care and strong partnerships
• Accountability and Transparency – We are accountable to our communities, funders and each other to meet or exceed expectations, while reflecting on core values.
The Small Business Centre is under the management of Trenval Business Development Corporation who is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us if you are contacted for a job interview.
• This position is a temporary contract position for 12 months to cover a maternity leave.
• Up to 28 hours per week; flexibility in hours/days, but within Monday-Friday 8:30 – 4:30.
• On site employment only; no work from home
• Start date on or about March 16
Salary: $20.32 – $23.54 depending on experience. After a successful probationary period of 3 months, group benefits may form part of the salary compensation.
Application deadline: February 10, 2023 at 4:00 pm
How To Apply:
Submit resume AND cover letter by email to email@example.com
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.