Maintenance AssistancePosted on April 9, 2021
Prince Edward, ON
Wesley Acres is a Christian Retreat Centre & Campground in association with the Free Methodist Church in Canada. Wesley Acres serves with excellence, the spiritual, educational, and recreational needs of all people equipping them for Christian service to their family, church and community.
Located in the heart of Prince Edward County just outside Bloomfield, Ontario, Wesley Acres is on the beautiful shores of West Lake overlooking the Sandbanks.
We are looking for a maintenance assistant who is responsible for overall maintenance of equipment and infrastructure, can perform trailer repairs, trailer setup and ground maintenance.
This full-time position requires flexibility and the need to take instruction well and work independently after receiving instruction.
- Dealing with fellow members, volunteers, outside agencies, lot leaseholders and guests in a professional manner, while being firm and knowledgeable to achieve objectives
- Ensure equipment and rolling stock are serviced, maintained, and operational.
- Working with manager, aid in ensuring all buildings are maintained and in good repair.
- Aid in the maintenance of the grounds, including grass cutting, garbage removal, recycling and maintaining beach area
- Provide services to lot leases, within the limitations of people, time and materials including moving and leveling trailers, decks, providing gravel and topsoil to sites and performing repair work though work order system
- Assist in security and safety on grounds
- Perform minor building repairs (plumbing, electrical, drywall, sewer, water and painting)
- Implement preventative maintenance measures
- Maintain inventory of equipment, tools and supplies
- Complete inspections with Manager of buildings, tools and equipment
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency – notifying appropriate people and following safety protocols
- Cooperation – Works with others to prevent conflict and share resources to encourage symbiotic relationships within the organization.
- Works well with a wide range of individuals to contribute to a team environment
- Accountability – Takes ownership of personal workload
- Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements.
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Conflict Management – Foresees potential conflict and takes preventative steps. Handles conflict when it arises; assisting with resolution or determining solutions.
- Decision Making – Makes concrete, well-informed and thought-out decisions that support the overall organization. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions even when data and details are limited.
- Results Orientation – Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals, and objectives
- Attention to Detail – Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Class G Drivers license
- Prior experience with equipment is an asset
- Consistent, professional dress and manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- Capable of climbing ladders
- Willingness to listen and apply instructions
- Willingness to think creatively
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of small engines
- Willingness to learn how to operate small equipment
- Flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Interaction with employees, management, and the public at large
- Physically demanding tasks, standing and moving for long periods of time. Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs, climb a ladder
- Training will be provided
This position reports to the Manager of Buildings and Grounds. The position will begin Spring 2021.
Interested applicants are to send resume and cover letter via email, with “Maintenance Assistant – application” in the subject line to email@example.com