Indigenous Youth Outreach & Engagement CoordinatorPosted on August 10, 2021
The Regent Theatre
Contract Part Time
Non Profit / Community Services
Prince Edward, ON
The Regent Theatre is looking for a returning student to lead our Indigenous Outreach & Engagement activities designed to improve access to entertainment for youth in the County and beyond to start as soon as possible.
The role will involve:
- Building on existing relationships, conducting and consolidating research to identify community partners;
- Recommending, planning and developing new programs for indigenous youth in consultation with management and community stakeholders;
- Researching our heritage space including a history of the land and past relations between indigenous communities and the Regent Theatre;
- Assisting with the creation of assessment tools (i.e. surveys);
- Conducting online and in-person outreach to establish contact and cultivate relationships with community partners;
- Assisting with the creation and implementing a project plan including a social media strategy for new indigenous focused initiatives;
- Conducting surveys and compiling results;
- Creating a final report of findings and making recommendations;
- Other duties include volunteer recruitment, data entry and other duties as assigned.
- Reporting to the General Manager
- The ideal candidate for this job is a post-secondary student of a communications, arts administration, project management or social work and/or advocacy program interested in gaining experience in community building within the not-for-profit sector.
- Interested parties over 18 years of age are encouraged to apply.
- A good researcher and great organizer who can work with minimal supervision to accomplish project goals.
- A natural people person, comfortable engaging people in conversation one-on-one and speaking to groups (virtually and in person).
- Someone who takes responsibility and initiative to to get the job done and can think creatively when presented with challenges.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Social media savvy is key to the engagement portion of this role.
- Proficiency in MS Word is essential.
- Working knowledge of SurveyMonkey is MS Outlook is preferred.
- An interest in audio story-telling is a bonus.
In addition to the researching and conducting outreach as outlined, the candidate will assist producers in recruiting indigenous youth interested in participating in our podcast series. Combining our heritage features for the digital age the Regent has devised an old-time variety show style podcast to be recorded live with an audience and broadcast free online. Featuring stories, art and music Made-in-the-County is intended to capture the County’s cultural heritage.
Connection to and knowledge of the County is crucial to success in this role.
Must be eligible for Young Canada Works Student Summer Job Program. Must be a returning full-time student. Must have a computer and internet connection to enable remote working.
Start Date: ASAP
Term: Flexible hours, part-time. 13 weeks. 30 hours/week.
Rate of pay: $16/hour
How to apply:
- Create cover letter and resume as one PDF
- Attach it to an email with “Indigenous Outreach & Engagement Coordinator” as the subject line.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank everyone who applies!
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.