Full-Time Agronomy/Energy OperatorPosted on November 24, 2022
County Farm Centre
December 23, 2022
Since 1994, County Farm Centre has been providing the Quinte Region with the very best in Agronomy services, Fuel/Home Heat Delivery, Livestock Feed and Retail shopping. Teamwork, collaboration and providing extraordinary customer-service are at the heart of everything we do here and now we are looking to add to our team to continue our legacy of serving the Quinte region. We are currently looking for Agronomy/Energy Operators to add to our team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Working out of the Belleville Branch this position is a hybrid role where from April-November you will be working as an Agronomy employee running custom application equipment (Vector & Sprayers) for the Spring plant season. Then from November-April you will be working as an Energy employee delivering bulk propane to our customers.
An ideal candidate must be friendly, a team player, have a great attention to detail and have a strong & clean driving record. They must be able to demonstrate the ability and be eager to learn new tasks and skills that are important to the success and future growth of the County Farm Centre. Some of the daily job functions include:
- Operates heavy equipment (i.e., dry fertilizer applicator, bulk propane delivery vehicle), in a safe and effective manner to minimize risk, injury and property damage
- Applies crop nutrient products to fields and growing crops according to recommended rates and procedures. Records application data according to regulations and standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensure accurate safe transportation and delivery of propane to customers.
- Drives and operates plant equipment and machinery, such as loaders, forklifts, and/or trucks safely which includes performing the required daily checks to minimize risks, injury, and property damage, inside and/or outside the facility as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma, college diploma, or equivalent, or a combination of experience and training to provide the required knowledge and skills.
- Must possess a driving abstract that represents a history of safe operation, as well as the ability to maintain insurability. Must have a valid DZ license with air brakes and able to drive both a manual and automatic transmission.
- May be required to work extended hours, particularly during peak seasons.
- Proven ability to work independently, and in a team-oriented environment, and achieve results through others.
- Any prior experience with Custom Application Equipment and or Bulk Propane delivery would be an asset.
- Competitive Wages
- RRSP Plan
- Staff Discount
How to apply:
- Identify in your subject line this position which you are applying for and email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.