Full-Time Activity AidePosted on November 19, 2020
Corporation of the County of Prince Edward
Prince Edward, ON 322 Picton Main Street
$ $21.16 — 22.08 HOUR Hourly
December 2, 2020
The H.J. McFarland Home is a non-profit long-term care facility located on the outskirts of Picton, Ontario in beautiful Prince Edward County. Our philosophy of care is one that recognizes the individuality of each resident and where all staff, family members and community partners are valued and respected for their contributions to resident care.
The Human Resources Department is currently accepting internal applications for the full-time permanent position of Activity Aide. Reporting to the Recreation and Volunteer Services Supervisor, the Activity Aide utilizes a resident-centered approach to emphasize and encourage engagement from the Resident, with collaboration from Family and/or volunteers in defining appropriate activities that align with the needs and wishes of the Resident and in keeping with their plan of care.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, with successful completion or enrolment in a Post-Secondary Program in Recreation and Leisure Studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology or a related discipline
- Innovative resident-focused approach to programming
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem solving skills
- Capable of working within legislated standards and guidelines
- Ability to exercise respect, tact, diplomacy, and good judgement in all matters relating to Resident care
- Knowledge and training under the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ability to work day, evening and weekend shifts
- Proof of satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening check
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume prior to 4:00pm on December 2, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current rate of pay for this position is $21.16 to $22.08 per hour as per the UNIFOR Local 8300 collective agreement. Compensation also includes a comprehensive benefit package and membership in OMERS.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.