Front Of House Ambassador – Student JobPosted on May 13, 2022
The Regent Theatre
Arts & Entertainment
Prince Edward, ON K0K 2T0
June 13, 2022
A Bit About Us
Built in 1918, we are an independent cinema and multi-use performance space which functions as the entertainment hub of Prince Edward County. We are a community-minded organization dedicated to serving the needs of our diverse population. As part of our Youth Employment and Engagement Initiative, hiring priority will be given to County (and surrounding area) residents under 30. We encourage BIPOC applicants to apply.
A Bit About The Role:
Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with Front of House Manager and a team of volunteers, the Front of House Ambassador is a customer service agent, responsible for providing a welcoming and professional customer service experience to patrons of The Regent Theatre including covering box office and concession sales and monitoring inventory as well as ushering and marketing/administrative responsibilities as required.
- Greets and welcomes patrons and visitors.
- Responds to inquiries and complaints giving information, explaining policies and procedures, or referring to the appropriate person for resolution.
- Provides Front of House services during daytime box office hours and during performances/movies, including assistance with lobby set-up for special events, VIP area setup, box office and concession sales.
- Ensures the highest level of client and customer service. In all FOH areas the candidate will be required to work as part of a team comprised of volunteers and overseen by the FOH Manager (at the direction of the General Manager).
- Assists volunteers with ushering including (vaccine checking, wayfinding).
- Handles box office sales on VBO.
- Responds to patron inquiries in person or on box office phone when volunteer is absent or on break
- Transacts POS purchases of concession and alcohol items. Smart Serve training will be provided.
- Fulfills merchandise orders made online
- Counts, records and balances cash floats for concession/bar/merchandise sales counter.
- Monitors inventory and re-stocks as necessary.
- Ensures that merchandise inventory information is recorded accurately. Balances closing inventories against receipts and reports discrepancies to FOH Manager on duty or General Manager.
- Generates merchandise sales reports in Square.
SAFETY & ACCESSIBILITY
- Monitors FOH equipment (i.e. TV monitors, popcorn machine) and reports any maintenance requirements (i.e. spills, damages) to management.
- Monitors theatre entrances and exits during inclement weather and reports to management if accessibility/safety is compromised.
- Responsible for providing service to Accessible needs patrons (including providing assistive hearing devices and assistance with seat finding)
- Implements safety/emergency procedures when required including fire evacuation.
- Enforces COVID protocols with patrons as directed.
- Ensures that all services, safety rules and procedures are adhered to and provide a safe and pleasant environment for staff and visitors.
- Workplace Health and Safety: All staff are required to take reasonable care o f their own health and safety and that of other personnel (including volunteers and interns) who may be impacted by their conduct.
- At the direction of the General Manager, the candidate is responsible for changing interior/exterior signage including changing the marquee on weekly rotation.
- Signage creation based on templates may be required from time to time. Off-site postering as required.
- At the direction of the General Manager, provide assistance to volunteers with FOH setup (i.e. tables and chairs etc.)
- Assist General Manager with survey deployment and gather and report anecdotal feedback from patrons
- Labour market skills development will further be provided through job shadowing opportunities in Front of House Management and Digital Cinema Projection to enhance leadership and digital skills.
Terms: $15.00/hr, 35 hrs/wk
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter as pdf attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with position in subject line.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.