ElectricianPosted on April 9, 2021
Port Picton Homes
Skilled Trades / Apprentices
Prince Edward, ON
Please note: the status of jobs on this site will be as up to date as the current COVID-19 pandemic allows. Please be patient with employers as follow-ups are made. This job posting is currently available.
Port Picton Homes is opening a new site that will be in construction for the next 10 years. They are currently seeking a second year Electrical Apprentice or higher and/or Journeyman/Licensed Electrician for both residential and commercial construction projects.
The construction electrician will generally focus on larger projects, such as upgrading an entire floors of buildings or installing an electrical system for a new building.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure the wiring and electrical components are up to code
- Work efficiently and safely
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Follow provincial and municipal building regulations
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment
Hazard awareness and protection training for the following considered an asset:
- Working at Heights
- Working in confined spaces
- Using scaffolding
- Traffic control
- Lock out and tag safety (proper procedures for controlling and shutting off specialized equipment to avoid injury and electric shock)
- Critical-thinking and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to perform tests and diagnose problems using the results and determine best course of action
- Customer-service skills
- Troubleshooting skills
Company Name: Port Picton Homes
Company Email: email@example.com
Company Website: http://portpictonhomes.com/
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.