Delivery + Yard PersonPosted on February 19, 2021
Picton Home Hardware Building Centre
Engineering / Construction
Prince Edward, ON
Picton Home Hardware Building Centre is currently looking to fulfil the position of Deliver/Yard Person to start immediately. The Yard Person/delivery person is responsible for delivering products and/or supplies to customers, vendors, jobsites, or other corporate locations. Duties include operating freight handling equipment, maintenance and operation of company vehicles, verification of administrative paperwork, and working with the public at large loading & fulfilling their orders in lumber yard. The delivery person must safely perform all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of customer service.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Move heavy and bulky merchandise for customers and for sales personnel.
- Advise supervisor of shortages and damaged goods.
- Do odd jobs and run errands.
- Perform light vehicle maintenance (check oil, etc.)
- Maintain vehicle maintenance records.
- Check delivery documents.
- Report company vehicle maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Follow company procedures regarding required signatures, forms, receipts, etc.
- Report complaints from customers to management.
- Assist in loading and unloading merchandise and materials.
- Follow all safety precautions when operating company vehicles and loading or unloading
- Be alert for sales opportunities.
- Make suggestions for rule, policy, or procedure changes when you believe such changes
will improve sales, profits, and/or morale. etc.
- Follow all delivery and receiving procedures and company policies as determined by
- Follow proper documentation procedures for any merchandise that is to be returned or
- Maintain proper security over merchandise and delivery documents.
- Attend meetings, training sessions, etc. as required.
- Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
Education + Skills Required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, management, other employees in person, by telephone, or by radio.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to visually verify contents of shipments.
- Must safely operate loading, unloading, and transfer equipment (forklifts, pushcarts, computer, etc.), as well as company vehicles. Must safely secure cargo.
- Must move merchandise weighing up to 100 pounds to or from company vehicles in the
- Must maintain a good driving record and lawfully operate all company vehicles used to
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team atmosphere.
2 Full-time positions available to start immediately. Health and dental benefits will be provided. Progressive rate-of-pay.
Clean driving record required.
Weekend shifts will be required.
Please send resume with subject line “Delivery and Yard Person-application” to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application on our website at www.pictonhomehardware.ca.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.