Cultivation TechnicianPosted on January 24, 2023
Prince Edward County Growers Inc.
Prince Edward, ON
$ $20 HOUR Hourly
February 23, 2023
Small license producer looking for full time seasoned cannabis grow technician with experience. Our facility is in Prince Edward County. Our team is looking for a self-motivated, passionate member to clone, transplant, deleaf, lollipop, harvest and to perform room changeovers.
This individual will ensure that all work being performed is being done efficiently and compliant within regulations and to the highest standard. They will report to the Operations Supervisor and are critical in making sure all production goals and standards are met.
- Assist the Operations Supervisor with cultivation-related tasks (i.e., irrigation, room turnovers, transplanting, pruning, plant training, IPM, etc.)
- Monitor crops throughout the grow cycle to ensure optimal plant health
- Identify plant health, diseases, and pests
- Help train staff on all internal SOPs, procedures, and work instructions as well as use the work instructions checklist
- Collaborate with QA and compliance to develop and maintain SOPs and Record-Keeping Forms
- Work alongside QA and compliance
- Make sure all record-keeping is up to date
- Coordinate with co-workers to ensure proper supply levels are kept
- Coordinate with the facilities team to ensure all proper maintenance of irrigation and mechanical systems is up to date
- Ensure all batch records are up to date daily
- Always display a positive attitude and promote teamwork
- Other tasks as required.
- 1+ years working with plants in an indoor or outdoor horticultural setting is an asset
- Follow strict internal protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as well as following current Good Production Practices (GPP).
- Willingness to learn plant diseases and pests as well as the symptoms of nutrient deficiency and toxicity
- Willingness to learn and comprehend indoor horticultural systems
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, and lift for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Canada.
- Reliable transportation required
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- 1+ years working with plants in an indoor or outdoor horticultural setting is a plus
- Must be able to successfully complete background and reference checks. Security clearance is an asset
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to push, pull, lift, reach with weights up to 50lbs
- Farm/Horticultural background, landscape/golf, turf grass management experience a bonus Strong communication skills – written & verbal
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Reliable transportation
How to apply:
- Your subject line should include “Cultivation Technician”
- Send your cover email message and attach resume via Career Edge – PEC Employer Services: PICTONHR@careeredge.on.ca OR drop off application during business hours to attention of: Tabitha Taylor, Job Developer, Career Edge – Picton, Suite #103 – 141 Main Street, Picton, ON K0K 2T0
Thank you for your interest in Prince Edward County Growers Inc. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Prince Edward County Growers Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.