Camp CounsellorPosted on May 4, 2021
YMCA of Central East Ontario
Seasonal / Temporary
Non Profit / Community Services
Quinte West, ON
May 14, 2021
The YMCA of Central East Ontario is a charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community by being a recognized leader and valued partner in the development of healthy communities. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of caring, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, responsibility, which form the foundations of all Y programs and services.
The YMCA of Central East Ontario is looking to hire for the position of Camp Counsellor at the Quinte West, Belleville, and Peterborough locations for June-August 2021.
Reporting to the Camp Coordinator, you will be responsible for the directly supervising, instructing and leading YMCA campers while delivering a high quality program that reflects the missions and values of the organization.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Direct leadership and supervision of campers within camper/staff ratio
- Role model, excellent member service
- Ensure quality assurance in the delivery of all-day camp programming
- Respond to parent/camper concerns in a positive and professional manner
- Provide exceptional attention to Health & Safety and supervision of campers
- Plan and deliver a wide variety of activities for camper groups each week
- Actively engage with campers 100% of the time in program delivery
- Build relationships with parents and campers
- Provide formal and informal feedback to parents regarding their child(ren) daily
- Contribute to the healthy child development of campers
- Role model the Y values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and inclusiveness through interactions with children, parents and staff
- Keep camp area sanitized and clean to comply with Y Covid policies and procedures
What You Will Bring to the Position:
- 17+years of age
- Experience working in a camp setting
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR “C” Certification
- Strong communication and team work abilities
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check required prior to first day worked
- Hours are Monday-Friday between 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Staff must be available Saturdays through month of June 2021 for Mandatory Staff Training
- Must be available to work week of June 28th until Friday, August 27th, 2021
- Hours are assigned to team members based on registration numbers
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in a high paced environment
What the YMCA of Central East Ontario Has to Offer:
- YMCA membership
- Training and development opportunities
- A rewarding job
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are to submit a resume to:
Angela Trueman, Supervisor of Children, Youth and Family / Camp Director
Applications will be received until Friday, May 14, 2021
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Central East Ontario. Please note that with the high amount of applicants, only those selected for an interview with be contacted.
The YMCA of Central East Ontario is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. The YMCA of Central East Ontario values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.