BookkeeperPosted on September 29, 2020
Contract Full Time
Business / Administration
Prince Edward, ON
December 11, 2020
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for-profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Bookkeeper for Picton for a 12 month contract. The Picton office is part of the Welch LLP Quinte Region Practice. The Quinte Region has six offices located in Belleville, Trenton, Picton, Napanee, Campbellford, and Tweed.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with great people and great clients, in an environment that values and fosters respect, personal and professional development, and a healthy work-life balance.
Responsibilities & Duties
As a Bookkeeper you will work closely with our clients in understanding their needs, collecting and interpreting data and working to provide sound solutions. You will be challenged with handling a variety of bookkeeping tasks including banking services, cash management, preparation of cash receipts and cash disbursement summaries, preparation of financial statements, completion and filing of government forms, payroll and payroll reporting, and preparation of tax filings (T4 and T5) for the clients of the Picton office of Welch. You will also provide backup support to the office administrator and assist with compiling tax returns. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
- A diploma or degree in Business Accounting is preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience in a full cycle bookkeeping role including payroll and payroll reporting.
- Experience in preparing personal tax returns is a plus.
- Experience in the preparation of T4s and T5s is also a plus.
- Working knowledge of accounting software such as Sage and QuickBooks, as well as a comfort with
the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and organize multiple client deliverables at the same time in
order to meet client and CRA deadlines with a high degree of autonomy.
- Aptitude for developing and maintaining good relationships with clients and staff.
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Access to a vehicle is required as you will need to travel to clients’ offices on occasion.
- Attention to detail, a desire to continually improve your skills and an attitude of accountability are
traits that will lead to success in this position.
- Willing to work in Picton, Ontario and occasionally assist in other Welch offices in the Quinte Regions as needed.
- Ability to work overtime as needed to accommodate client needs.
How to apply:
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to email@example.com with subject line “Bookkeeper –Picton”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
Visit the Welch LLP website to learn more about the firm: www.welchllp.com
The Picton office is located at:
38 McDonald Drive
Picton, ON K0K 2T0