Store ClerkPosted on January 24, 2023
Smart's Marina Ltd.
Seasonal / Temporary
Retail / Customer Services
Cloyne, ON 1080 Smart Road
$ $16 HOUR Hourly
March 31, 2023
What we look for in an employee: Customer service experience is an asset. Our approach is ‘hire for attitude and train for skill.’ This doesn’t mean we don’t look for experience! It means that we look for those people who understand the service culture and that the guest comes first, always. These people SMILE, are mature, outgoing, and have a great work ethic. We look for people who are energetic, have a sense of humor, and have fun at work while excelling at their jobs.
We are looking for people to work on the boat side of the store starting at the end of June to Labour Day weekend in September.
*Weekends a must, 5 days a week. 35 to 45 hours per week
Key Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting all guests in a cheerful and courteous manner and providing attentive and cordial service
- Effectively and efficiently providing information to guests including product and service pricing, availability, location, special events, etc.
- Completing boat slip agreements, assigning slips, maintaining the internal overhead docking board, and keeping accurate records of all vessels in the marina at all times
- Performing dock duties as required including securing vessels, fuelling, performing underground fuel tank dips and pump readings (keeping accurate fuel records), painting and mounting name plates on slips, monitoring vessel security, etc.
- Monitoring the parking area for guest safety and vehicle security
- Assisting other employees in the daily maintenance and operation of the facilities and grounds
- Selling products and supplies and accurately processing sales using the POS system, scanners and/or equipment provided to obtain total purchase amount
- Completing Rental Contracts, facilitating rental orientations, and performing/documenting rental check in and check out inspections
- Implementing and enforcing established operating procedures
- Balance sales and monitor cash over/short and/or inventory shrinkage daily as per company procedures
- Stock shelves, set up product displays, and price items
- Maintain a neat, tidy and orderly work area
- Opening and closing the store as needed
- Ensuring the health and safety of self, staff, and guests by adhering to company policies, industry regulations and standards, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned
Applicants must have means of getting to and from work.
Preferred method of receiving resumes is by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.