Bakery AssistantPosted on September 20, 2022
Prince Edward, ON 339 Elmbrook Road
October 20, 2022
Sourdough Bakery onsite at Organic Market Garden Farm in Picton
Great opportunity to learn how to make sourdough products such as bagels, bread, and almond biscotti for local residents, farmers’ market and small local market stores.
Other opportunities may include (as time and interest allows) working on the farm with microgreens, field vegetables, herbs and beehives.
The ideal candidate is keen to get started early in the day, 2 to 3 days per week (flexible).
- Feeding sourdough starter
- Making forming and baking sourdough for different varieties of bagels and bread
- Making and baking sourdough biscotti
- Bagging and tagging products for sale
- Creating microgreen pesto
- Dehydrating vegetables for spices, powders and other uses
- Washing dishes
- Jarring and labeling products
- Organic Farm responsibilities (where time and interest allows):
- Planting and harvesting field vegetables, herbs and microgreens
- Cleaning trays
- Pulling weeds
- Food safety training / experience is an asset; however, no experience is necessary – full training will be provided. (The Public Health Food Handler’s Certification is available via Career Edge, if you need this training/workshop please call us to inquire 613-476-6456
- A positive and keen attitude for an early morning start is essential for this role.
- Your own transportation required
- A good command of the English language is required (reading, writing, speaking)
How to apply:
Email cover letter to Marie@theelmbrookfarm.com
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.