Assistant BrewerPosted on February 26, 2021
Land & Bog Brewery
Prince Edward, ON K0K 2J0
Land & Bog is a craft brewery located in beautiful Prince Edward County, on Consecon Lake. What started as a dream to reflect and amplify the amazing County community, is finally coming into being as we approach a spring/ summer 2021 opening. Brought to life through hard work and a formidable spirit, we are looking to add dynamic team members who share our passion for craft beer and creating incredible experiences year-round.
In collaboration with the Brewmaster, the Assistant Brewer will support the development and production of beers designed to represent farmhouse brews with unique, modern twists. The successful candidate will play a key role in establishing Land & Bog’s microbrewery reputation, and will be hands-on with brewing and packaging for both in-house consumption and retail sales.
For the right individual, this is an opportunity to make your mark in helping establish Land & Bog as a destination with superior beer and incredible experiences.Significant room for growth, at competitive wages, in a stunning location.
- Assist with regular production, quality control and packaging of beers, focused on kegging and bottling/ canning
- Manage raw materials and finished goods inventory
- Assist with production scheduling
- Maintain a clean production environment at all times, with a mind to conservation of water
- Routine maintenance and cleaning of brewing equipment and utilities
- Share brewing knowledge with visitors through tastings and tours
- Seek out new beer ideas, collaborations, and vendor partners
- 1-3 years brewing experience is a must, with a solid understanding of the brewing process
- Smart serve certification is a must
- Brewing school diploma or post-grad degree is an asset
- Forklift certification is an asset
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Ability to adapt and learn new processes in a collaborative team environment
- Pride in work and commitment to quality
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 75lbs
Location: Hillier, Ontario
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: April 1, 2021
Please apply with cover letter and resume, with “Assistant Brewer – application” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Land & Bog embraces diversity, and we are committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices.