Activity AidePosted on September 21, 2022
County of Lennox and Addington
Long Term Care
Napanee, ON 309 Bridge Street West
$ $22.72 — 26.02 HOUR Hourly
October 20, 2022
Activity Aide – Posting # 2022-108 (Two Positions Available)
Location: Resident Services, The John M. Parrott Centre
Supervisor: Resident Services Coordinator
Salary Range: $22.72 – $26.02 per hour (as per the CUPE Collective Agreement)
Hours of Work: Days, evenings & weekends – (as scheduled)
Closing Date: October 2, 2022
The John M. Parrott Centre is a fully accredited state-of-the-art, 168 bed long term care facility, owned and operated by the County of Lennox and Addington, in the Town of Greater Napanee. We are currently seeking highly motivated and energetic people for the position of Activity Aide.
• Must have a post-secondary diploma or degree in Recreation and Leisure studies, Therapeutic Recreation or Kinesiology
• Gerontology and restorative care courses would be an asset, previous experience in planning and implementing programs for seniors with varied cognitive and physical abilities is essential
• Knowledge and experience in the use of Point Click Care and computer skills is essential
• Requires understanding of the special needs of the elderly and Ministry of Health Compliance Standards in a long-term care setting
• Required to have the Food Handlers Course plus Emergency First Aid / CPR certifications
• Developing, preparing, facilitating and documentation programs with residents and working with volunteers
• Must be in good physical condition
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
• Continuing education is an expectation
Regulated Safety Activities: Must adhere to all service area policies and procedures as outlined in WHMIS, Infection Control, Fire, Health and Safety, and other manuals and legislation
For more information or to apply, please visit our website at: https://www.lennox-addington.on.ca/employment
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.