Access to Justice Community Developer/Client Service Representative (Belleville)Posted on June 10, 2021
Community Advocacy & Legal Centre
Contract Full Time
Non Profit / Community Services
Belleville, ON 158 George Street
June 30, 2021
The Community Advocacy & Legal Centre (CALC) is offering an immediate opportunity for interesting and fulfilling work in Belleville and surrounding communities. We are seeking a Community Developer/Client Service Representative who is self-directed and is able to work independently as well as being an integral part of our team. You must demonstrate a commitment to social justice issues and have empathy for people living in poverty.
Candidates Will Have:
- a college diploma, university degree or comparable experience
- proven community development experience
- strong organizational skills
- strong computer keyboarding skills and computer literacy
- familiarity with areas of law practiced at CALC
- awareness of issues in rural and remote communities
Responsibilities & Duties:
As the successful Community Developer/Client Service Representative, you will be given considerable responsibility. You must demonstrate strong organizational skills. You will work under the direction and mentor ship of the clinic lawyers to:
- support community development initiatives including our Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Initiative
- provide direct client services as part of our intake/triage team
- support and direct legal literacy and legal empowerment projects with low income clients and trusted intermediaries
- develop and present legal education materials
- design legal education workshops
- Previous legal clinic experience is an asset
- This is a full-time one year contract position with a start date in July 2021
- Salary is commensurate with experience and responsibility. We are a living wage employer.
- For more information about our clinic, our work or our history, please visit our website at: www.communitylegalcentre.ca
How to Apply Here:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three professional references
by 5:00 pm June 30, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Community Developer” in the subject line.
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer striving to reflect the population living in Ontario.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n’est pas responsable de l’exactitude, de l’authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.