TRENTON – BELLEVILLE – NAPANEE – PICTON
Youth Job Connection Summer Program is a new initiative funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development for youth age 15 – 18. It replaces the former Summer Jobs for Youth Program.
The Youth Job Connection – Summer Program offers employers:
- Youth who have received job readiness training and understand the expectations of the workplace
- Pre-screening and matching of suitable candidates
- Ongoing support to ensure the match is successful
- Wage subsidies to offset costs of hiring
Important Differences Employers should note!
- Wage subsidies will be negotiated on an individual placement basis to minimize the wage costs for the employer.
- Employers must hire the individual for the period of time negotiated and specified in the contract
This program will benefit employers who have demonstrated a willingness to work with youth in their community. Please contact Career Edge at 613-969-0830 or 866-859-9222 if you require further information and/or are interested in accessing this program.