We’ve all been there. We’ve all felt that horrible feeling of defeat over a lob loss. We even feel it when we’re doing everything right when trying to find a new job but keep hitting dead ends. It can be difficult, it can be tiresome and it can get you down.
That’s where Career Edge comes in. Our Employment Services staff is here to help. We can help you create a new resume, show you how to job search properly (including accessing the hidden job market), how to prepare for an interview and help market you to a potential employer. We can also see if you qualify for subsidy or Second Career.
And during that process we will do our best to keep your spirits up and keep you motivated. We polled our staff to see what are some uplifting quotes they tell their clients to keep them positive through the job search process.
Here are some of our favourite quotes from that poll:
- Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those that mind don’t matter and those that matter don’t mind – Dr. Seuss
- Either you run the day, or the day runs you – Jim Rohn
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started – Mark Twain
- When you step outside of your comfort zone, you begin to grow – Unknown
- If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got – Unknown
- You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take – Anonymous
- Create your own Path – Unknown
- Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today – Giordana Toccaceli
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new – Albert Einstein
- Young people should be at the forefront of global change and innovation. Empowered, they can be key agents for development and peace. If, however, they are left on society’s margins, all of us will be impoverished. Let us ensure that all young people have every opportunity to participate fully in the lives of their societies
– Kofi Annan
- The belief that you can have a meaningful career is the first step to finding one – Sean Aiken
- The secret message communicated to most young people today by the society around them is that they are not needed, that the society will run itself quite nicely until they — at some distant point in the future — will take over the reigns. Yet the fact is that the society is not running itself nicely… because the rest of us need all the energy, brains, imagination and talent that young people can bring to bear down on our difficulties. For society to attempt to solve its desperate problems without the full participation of even very young people is imbecile — Alvin Toffler
- Your time is limited; don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary – Steve Jobs
- The trouble with opportunity is that it always comes disguised as hard work– Anonymous
- The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Work is the key to success, and hard work can help you accomplish anything– Vince Lombardi
- Be the change you wish to see in the world – Mahatma Gandhi
- In the struggle between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins; not through strength, but through perseverance – Unknown
- Either you run the day or the day runs you – Jim Rohn
We hope that you can use something from this blog post that will help you on your career journey. We also encourage you to contact your Employment Counsellor whenever you feel the need for a pep talk. We’re not just here to help you find a job; we’re your coach, your ring man and your motivational speaker! We want to you to be the best you can be!
Not registered with an Employment Counsellor yet? Check out our CONTACT US page to find your local Career Edge!
You can also find us on: