|Company Name||Waupoos Estates Winery and Restaurant|
|Date Posted||May 09, 2019|
|Job Apply||Please apply by email with resume attached to email@example.com stating Vineyard Assistant in subject line.|
We are seeking a dynamic, organized self-starter with a positive attitude to join our Waupoos Estates Winery as a Vineyard Assistant.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the winery by providing support in the areas of harvesting, processing of the crops, farming, farm animal care and customer service.
• Assist with all aspects of Fall Harvest and Hand picking of the grapes and other fruits and vegetables
• Plants, prunes, ties and trains grape vines
• Safely operates vineyard equipment for pruning, canopy management, weed management, diseases/pest control, harvesting and irrigation management.
• Ensures all equipment and machinery are well maintained and in safe operating condition.
• Ensures that all work and common areas are clean and well maintained.
• Assists with the bottling and canning of wines, ciders and maple syrup
• Maintains a clean and healthy environment for the farm animals.
• Engage with customers and patrons and provides excellent customer service.
• Safely operates a delivery vehicle to transport products to various locations
Qualifications and Requirements
• High School diploma
• Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
• Valid Driver’s Licence and Clean Drivers Abstract
• Growers Pesticide Spray License or willing to acquire
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
• General Mechanical knowledge
• Fast-paced and physically demanding work
• Able to lift a maximum 30 kg.
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
Waupoos Estates Winery is committed to providing an equitable and barrier-free workplace in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please notify our HR Department.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.