|Company Name||YMCA Northumberland|
|Date Posted||January 10, 2020|
Non Profit/Community Services
|Criminal Record Check Required||Yes|
|Job Apply||Please submit your letter of application, resume and copies of all qualifications by January 24, 2020 to: Michelle Woodburne, Coordinator, Aquatics and Youth, YMCA Northumberland, 339 Elgin Street West, Cobourg, ON K9A 4X5 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Other Details||Access to a vehicle|
|Shift Hours||Summer Contract Position, requires working flexible hours including early mornings , evenings and weekends|
|Skills Experience||See job ad for more details|
You are a motivated, mature and energetic individual, attracted by the values based culture of a leading charitable organization in your community. You possess the ability to reinforce standards that will enhance and build upon existing service and quality measures. You display a strong work ethic, and are committed to working as a member of a "team" to build an association that strengthens families and communities. Reporting to the Coordinator, Aquatics and Youth, the Team Lead—Centennial Pool, Victoria Beach and Alderville First Nations Pool would assist in aquatic programming and provide exceptional quality to members and patrons within the aquatic department.
• Ensures a fun, safe and healthy aquatic experience
• Assisting Coordinator, Aquatics
• Facilitates aquatic programs at Centennial Pool, Victoria Beach and Alderville First Nations Pool
• Based out of Centennial Pool and Victoria Beach
• Requires working flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends
• Provides front line support to aquatic staff
• Assists in Pre-Summer planning and training
• Current Standard First Aid/ CPR "C" certification
• Current National Lifeguard certification
• National Lifeguard Waterfront certification and 1 year waterfront experience
• YMCA Swim Instructor or Red Cross Instructor certification
• Lifesaving Society Instructors preferred
• Lifesaving Society Examiners is an asset
• Minimum 4 years experience in an Aquatic Setting
• 2 years supervisory experience
• NLS and Standard First Aid Instructors is an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Police Vulnerable Sector Check required prior to first day worked
• Valid Driver’s License with access to vehicle
YMCA Northumberland is a growing service organization, with over 170 employees and 423 volunteers, with Membership Centres in Cobourg and Brighton. YMCA Northumberland also operates 20 licensed Child Care Centres, 5 EarlyON Child and Family Centres and a variety of outreach and seasonal programs, which focus on child development across Northumberland. YMCA Northumberland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All applicants please note that you must be available for all mandatory interview and training dates and for the entirety of the contract period.
Please submit your letter of application, resume, and copies of all qualifications by January 24, 2020 to:
Michelle Woodburne, Coordinator, Aquatics and Youth
339 Elgin Street West, Cobourg, Ontario K9A 4X5
Only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.