The County Cider Company is looking for full-time seasonal Tasting Room Attendants and a part-time seasonal Tasting Room Attendant to start May 7th, 2018.
- Greet all visitors to the cidery
- Responsible for providing high-levels of customer service to all tasting room patrons by creating a welcoming atmosphere, providing prompt service, presenting informative tastings and maintaining a strong working knowledge of all ciders available.
- Ensure our customers have an enjoyable and memorable cider tasting experience
- Pour cider tastings and describe cider and orchard history; answer visitors' questions about ciders
- he / she performs their duties in a friendly and professional manner at all times.
- Perform tutored group tastings.
- Provide general tourist information.
- Keep track of cider stock used for tasting, change kegs as required. Maintain inventory, display, and stocking shelves (retail items and ciders).
- Handle routine sales including operating the POS system and credit/debit card transactions.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to, washing glassware and daily/monthly maintenance of glasswasher, assisting with cleaning duties of facilities (includes restrooms).
- Assist with special events and represent cidery at outside functions if necessary
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Adherence with company policies and procedures.
As a seasonal Tasting Room and a patio restaurant housed in 1800's barns the weather has a direct effect on working conditions, it is often hot and humid, sometimes cold and sometimes it is raining.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Remain standing and actively working for up to 8 hours with limited breaks
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- High school diploma required
- Own means of transportation
- 18 years of age or older, with Smart Serve Certification
- Work weekends and a flexible schedule
- Retail sales or hospitality experience an asset
- Skilled in oral communication, presentation, sales and customer service.
- Some knowledge of cider, basic production methods or the willingness to learn
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic often loud tasting room
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage large groups
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Proficient with computers, familiar with POS systems, demonstrated basic math skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Professional appearance and demeanour following corporate dress code
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.