At Sandbanks Provincial Park we are looking for the following staff for our upcoming season:
- Maintenance Worker – Performs unskilled manual labor duties and operates light power equipment, assists with trail maintenance and development, utilizing hand tools, help clean washrooms, recycling, garbage collection etc.
You must meet all eligibility criteria on the first day of employment to be eligible for these positions.
- Student Status: All summer jobs require a “student” status. A student is defined as someone enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution (currently or for the fall semester) or has graduated within the past six months. If you graduated in January, you could apply for and start a summer student position in the Ontario Public Service up until June of that year.
- Age: You must be a minimum of 15 years of age. Due to program eligibility requirements, certain opportunities require students to be up to 24 years of age (or up to 29 years of age for a person with a disability). Certain positions require you to be a minimum of 18 years of age. Age parameters will be provided on the job advertisements and you must meet all age requirements by May 1st.
- Residency: You must be a resident of Ontario during the term of employment.
- Work Status – Ability to Work in Canada: You must be legally entitled to work in Canada. You are also required to have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) upon being hired.
Communication and Customer Service Skills
- You apply your verbal and written communication skills to communicate information related to programs, prepare a variety of documents, and respond to public and/or internal inquiries by phone, email, and in-person.
- You apply your initiative and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- You apply basic safe operating practices when working with machinery and equipment.
- You could conduct maintenance of grounds, buildings, and equipment, and to use machinery, equipment, and tools (e.g. lawn mowers, weed trimmers).
- You apply your basic mathematical skills to accurately perform cash handling duties.
- You apply your experience using Microsoft Office applications, such as Word (word processing) and Excel (spreadsheets), as well as databases, email, and the internet to conduct research and prepare a variety of documents.
- You apply your experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) such as ESRI ArcGIS suite to conduct data and trend analysis (including spatial trend analysis), prepare simple maps, and track, compile, and evaluate information.
- You follow instructions and seek clarification, as required.
- You pay close attention to detail and record information accurately.
- You plan, organize, and prioritize your work to meet competing deadlines.
- Certain positions require you to have a valid Ontario G2 (or higher) Driver's Licence or equivalent.
- Certain positions require that you have certification in Standard First Aid and CPR.
- You are willing and able to work shifts and weekends with an irregular schedule up to 36.25 hours per week.
- You are able to work in an outdoor environment with some physical activity involved, including lifting and carrying weighted items in accordance with the Employment Standards Act and Workplace Health and Safety regulations.
- You will require training on the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
- You are capable of, and comfortable with, operating small machinery and equipment, and using lawn care tools.
5 days per week
various shifts, work weekends
7.25 hours / day 36.25 hours /week
$14.00 / hour
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.