Hallowell House Revera is hiring full-time and part-time registered practical nurses. Facility is open 24/7, requiring nursing care around the clock.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Health & Wellness (RET), the RPN/LPN is responsible for providing planned, patient-oriented, goal-directed nursing care in accordance with the provincial standards of care.
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in applicable Province/State
- Experience working in a senior’s environment and with unregulated care providers preferred
- Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills
- Must have demonstrated sound clinical knowledge
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft office applications
- To work as a member of the inter professional team as described by Revera’s Professional Practice Model applying the person centered approach to care.
- To complete and ensure resident’s clinical care assessments, care/service plans and documentation are accurate, up to date and changes communicated as required;
- To implement and evaluate the effectiveness of the care/service plans and make changes as required;
- To assist with scheduling of resident’s care conferences and participate in conferences where applicable;
- To work closely with DHW to facilitate resident’s move in, move out and transfers;
- To provide direct resident care and medication/ treatment administration and document care in compliance with regulatory and Revera Resident Care standards and policies and procedures;
- To process the orders and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in compliance with all regulatory requirements, scope of practice and Revera policies and procedures;
- To facilitate and provide resident/family education;
- To plan, coordinate, manage & evaluate the resident’s care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing & interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers;
- To coordinate nursing team’s resident care assignments to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services to residents;
- To respond to and manage significant changes in resident’s condition and or medical emergencies; provide emergency first aid;
- To teach, delegate to, and direct unregulated care providers
- To coordinate emergency response in the absence of DHW /ED ;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or concern communicated to DHW /ED and other departments ;
- To follow and assist the DHW in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control , Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and Quality/Safety Plans for the Nursing Department;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
Starting wage is $24.96/hr. Valid registration with CNO required.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.