Pine Meadow Nursing Home is a non-profit 64 bed Long Term Care facility recruiting for a registered nurse (casual positions are also available). Wages will be commensurate based on experience. Candidate may be eligible for Tuition Support Program through the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Pine Meadow’s Standards.
- Ensure resident care is provide with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physician orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care/Administrator.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Previous managerial experience in long-term care preferred.
- Experience dealing with the cognitively impaired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as Knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the ‘big picture’ and generate creative solutions.
- Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
Pine Meadow supports the intent of the AODA and its goal of achieving accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities with respect to Customer Service, Information and Communications, and Employment
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.