Job Title: Project Coordinator
Company: Taggart Construction Limited
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Ottawa, Ontario - 3187 Albion Road South and various job sites.
Date Prepared: October 29, 2018
Taggart Construction Limited
For more than 70 years, Taggart Construction Limited has specialized in heavy civil construction, residential and commercial site servicing, sewers and watermain installation, site grading, and road construction for communities across Eastern Ontario. We are an industry leader in municipal and public infrastructure projects and provide a wide range of excavation services. We value integrity, quality and community.
Taggart Construction is actively looking for a Project Coordinator to join the team. This is a permanent, full-time position, with an anticipated start date of early January 2019.
Work Description: The Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Project Manager in day-to-day administration for ongoing heavy civil construction projects in the Ottawa area. The Project Coordinator will also oversee site contract reporting and will provide support in verifying incoming project documentation. These duties must be carried out in a manner that is in compliance with provincial and municipal requirements, project owner requirements or policies, health safety requirements and general policies and procedures of Taggart Construction Limited. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality approach to all employees, residents, subcontractors, managers and suppliers. The Project Coordinator, in conjunction with the Project Manager, is responsible for reviewing and carrying out policies and procedures that support the company’s projects and initiatives.
- Liaise between site construction team and Project Managers;
- Assist Project Managers in planning, coordinating and supervising construction activities including crew and equipment;
- Monitor construction work schedules, and support the foremen and Superintendents in the preparation of their activity logs. Communicate schedule changes to team;
- Disseminate information, including but not limited to, drawings, schedules and locates;
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with time and material logging sheets;
- Maintain plans, specifications, cost, and material estimates, subcontract and reports.
- Coordinate with Project Managers for proper procurement of construction materials ensuring timely delivery and accuracy of purchase orders. Confirm deliveries and ensure orders have been accurately fulfilled, report all discrepancies to the Project Manager;
- Collect data on site to support the accurate preparation and updating of budgets;
- Calculate all productivity labour and material yields;
- Expedite progress payment certificates (PPC), final payment certificates, sub-contractor’s PPC’s and all extra work orders as per contract;
- Arrange and conduct construction field services as required;
- Maintain duties related to Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for construction projects, including participation on accident investigation and reporting, health and safety committee meetings, claims management etc;
- Coordinate utility locates for various construction sites;
- Process time sheets from the sites for payroll and cost control purposes;
- Process material packing slips;
- Maintain diary for each project on a daily basis and update Project Manager of daily progress and changes to the job sites;
- Work independently on smaller scale construction projects, oversee successful project delivery;
- Organize and track milestone dates and update key stakeholders on the status for each development;
- Record and organize charts for additional work to be done – support Project Manager in the preparation of Extras;
- Provide support to the Project Manager in preparation for site meetings or other related construction meetings with consultants;
- Catalog all new drawings and documents – both hard copy and on the network. Prepare thorough documentation on all construction projects;
- Perform additional assignments per manager’s direction;
- Any other duties as required.
Statement of Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Post secondary education in a construction, project management or related field is required. Bachelor or college degree in Civil Engineering Technician or Technologist program would be considered an asset;
- A minimum of 1-2 year’s experience in construction related field/position is required. Experience in heavy civil construction projects would be an asset;
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate respectfully with all parties to effectively relay project updates to key stakeholders;
- Solid organizational and multitasking skills, the ability to prioritize is key to this role;
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. Experience using other Project Management software, AutoCAD, and other relevant software would be considered an asset.
- The ability to perform occasional work in the evenings and/or weekends may be required to meet the needs of the projects.
- Construction environment, can be difficult conditions, loud, busy and will also require both outdoor and indoor work.
- Manual dexterity is required. moving around on the sites in construction areas can be challenging.
- Providing service to several people or departments, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time at workstation.
All candidates are asked to apply via the following link: taggartgroup.bamboohr.com/jobs. Any questions regarding the position can be directed to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our company, please visit: https://www.taggartconstruction.com/