Join our team in Amherstview and help us provide exceptional care for our residents.
We care about your quality of life - As such, we offer stable employment in a rewarding environment with a competitive salary. This is a family business that will help you succeed.
We are currently looking for a part-time: Personal Support Worker
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You are responsible to the residents of our home and their families and will ensure care delivery is always resident-focused and not staff-driven;
- Performs under the direction of the Administrator, Director of Care, Assistant Director of Care and registered staff;
- Carries-out established resident care in accordance with home policy & procedures and the resident care plan;
- Ensures the safety of residents & staff by complying with all safety standards, regulations and legislation;
- Provides care assistance for all residents with activities of daily living;
- Assists with the cleaning and disinfecting of the home;
- Serves meals;
- Makes beds and keeps living areas clean and tidy;
- Knowledge of RAI-MDS;
- Computer Knowledge;
- Record resident care on daily care flow sheets;
- Knowledge of the Fire Safety Manual and willingness to participate in annual WHMIS training;
- Assist with laundry services; and,
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Possess and provide a diploma for a PSW course from a certified educational facility. Preference will be given to individuals with Long-Term Care experience;
- Good physical, emotional and mental health as well as maturity;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a willingness to take direction from supervisors and charge staff;
- Capable of accepting constructive criticism and make the appropriate changes to correct areas of concern;
- Physically capable of performing strenuous activities of daily work life such as bending, lifting and transferring residents, pushing wheelchairs, operating mechanical lifts, etc.;
- Must be resident focused in the provision of his/her care delivery to our customers;
- Perceptive and capable of providing steady, high-quality/consistent care as part of a team environment;
- Open to change and demonstrate a willingness to learn;
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Observe and report concerns and/or changes in resident or environmental conditions that could result in the safety, security and optimal delivery of care (physical or emotional) being compromised;
- Physically capable and willing to work shifts (days, evening and nights);
- Willing and capable of following oral and written instruction;
- Kind and caring outlook and manner;
- Knowledge of WHMIS.
Please apply at www.gibsonfamilyhealthcare.com or submit your resume to:
Sue Reynolds, Director of Care
Helen Henderson Care Centre
343 Amherst Drive
Amherstview, ON K7N 1X3
GIBSON FAMILY HEALTH CARE
Celebrating more than 50 years of family care
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.