What does “ Redefining care” mean to you?
ParaMed needs team members who share our goal of redefining care in the home. Join Canada’s largest home health care company and make a real difference in the lives of people in your community. We provide quality, compassionate care directly to clients where they live because we believe that when you are in need of care, home is a more comfortable place to be! In addition to having the satisfaction of helping clients who need you, you will enjoy:
- Health and dental benefits
- Training opportunities
- Full-time and Part-time positions available
- Travel allowance
- Use of a mobile device
- 2% Year End Work Incentive Payment for all New ParaMed Full and Part Time EmployeesThe Personal Support Worker (PSW) will provide individualized care that is sensitive to the clients’ unique needs, providing assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and Independent Activities of Daily Living (IADL’s) through a client specific assignment working under the direction of and in collaboration with a regulated health care professional. Care will take place in the community, within a client’s home.
- Diploma or Certificate from a PSW course recognized by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development
- Experience with elderly populations is preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate both through oral and written mediums
- Able to provide a current criminal check with clear Vulnerable Position Screening (VPS)
- Current CPR and First Aid (within 1 year) obtained within Canada
- Demonstrate compassion, tact and diplomacy when interacting with clients and their families
- Reliable vehicle and car insurance – this is community based position
- Following the care plan, assist the client to safely perform ADL’s including personal care, meal preparation and home management
- Safely assist client in ambulation and transfers
- Perform delegated tasks or restricted tasks within the Care Plan as directed and/or supervised by the Regulated Health professional
- Assist the client to maximize abilities by promoting client independence
- Provides cognitive, social, emotional, psychological, support to the client and family
- Provide clear, timely communication to the supervisor and other appropriate Health Care team members regarding changes to or concerns of the client’s status, interventions or activities
- Properly maintain documentation regarding client activities, progress and treatment plans consistent with ParaMed’s policies.
- Adhere to the ParaMed policies in all interactions with clients, families or other parties ensuring privacy and confidentiality.
- other duties as assignedThe PSW demonstrates a client focused philosophy of care in all interactions, ensuring the safe performance of interventions as they complete the care plan with assigned clients.Required license or certification:
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ParaMed’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ParaMed’s hiring process.
- Driver's Licence and car
- Job Type: Permanent
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.