|Company Name||Sandbanks Provincial Park|
|Location||Sandbanks Provincial Park|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2020|
General Labourer / Labourer
Jobs for Students
|Job Apply||Please send resumes to Scott.email@example.com|
|Rate of Pay||20.58 – 22.17 per hour|
|Shift Hours||80 hrs bi-weekly, must be flexible to work weekend, holidays and evening|
|Start Date||Seasonal contract: June 1 – Sept 15 with possibility of extensions|
Please note: the status of jobs on this site will be as up to date as the current COVID-19 pandemic allows. Please be patient with employers as follow-ups are made. This job posting is currently available.
Purpose of Position:
As a member of the Provincial Park Team, under the supervision of the Park Superintendent and group leadership of the Assistant Park Superintendent, carry out semi-skilled sanitation work services and minor maintenance duties for the park program.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Working within Provincial Park, providing semi-skilled sanitation work services and minor maintenance for the facilities located within the Provincial Park by:
1. Cleaning and sanitizing all building/facility interiors by:
- Emptying, cleaning trash receptacles
- Sweeping, washing of floor surfaces
- Cleaning, dusting and disinfecting all washroom and Laundromat fixtures, components and items, including toilet bowls, seats, pedestals, safety bars, flush valves, urinals, wash basins, showers, taps, dispensers, mirrors, counters shelves, waste receptacles, door handles, push plates and other body contact surfaces;
- De-scaling toilet bowls, showers and urinals as scheduled;
- Replenishing all washroom dispensers such as soap, toilet paper, deodorant blocks, sanitary napkin dispensers, providing sufficient supplies for at least one full day's usage;
- Emptying, cleaning and disinfecting sanitary disposal receptacles, replacing sani-bags and waste liners;
- Cleaning of all washable marks on walls, doors, partitions displays, shelves, ledges, stairways and interior window screens by dusting and washing;
- Removing and cleaning any removable light fixtures once per week;
- Sweeping, vacuuming, washing of lunchroom and cleaning of appliances
2. Cleaning and sanitizing all building/facility exteriors by:
- Sweeping and cleaning exterior windows, ledges, patios, stairways, ramps, sidewalks and decks ensuring they are kept free of dirt, cobwebs and foreign matter;
- Sweeping down exterior of buildings, including eaves, ensuring they are kept free of dirt, cobwebs and foreign matter;
- Picking up and disposing of paper and litter around building exteriors;
- Removing and cleaning all removable light fixtures.
- Emptying outdoor ashtrays.
3. Performing physical cleaning services such as operating light powered cleaning equipment, and using ladders, as well as lifting and disposing of garbage
4. Performing general services such as collecting and disposing of garbage, including separating recyclable materials.
5. Performing minor maintenance services such as replacing burnt or broken light bulbs as required and recording sewage "pump-times" in washroom facilities. Reporting defects and damages (e.g. light fixtures, locks, plumbing) requiring internal/external service assistance to supervisor/designee, which are identified during cleaning rounds.
6. Maintaining an up-to-date and stocked inventory of necessary cleaning and sanitary supplies including requesting supervisor/designee to requisition replacement supplies, as well as ensuring proper Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) labels are placed and legible on all necessary cleaning/sanitation products.
7. Assisting with the training, leadership and supervision of Regular Students and Summer Experience Program (SEP) student employees as required.
8. Assisting other members of the park team during vacation/sickness and other peak workload periods.
9. Assisting in other Ministry programs as required.
10. Other additional duties as assigned. The incumbent shall, while In the workplace and in performing their assigned duties, conduct themselves in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations, as well as any workplace practices as directed by the employer, The incumbent shall ensure that they take precautions to protect the health and safety of themselves and others by complying with such acts, codes, policies, procedures and/or accepted workplace practices as may be appropriate. The incumbent shall report any hazards of which they are aware to their immediate supervisor or designated employer representative.
Staffing and Licencing:
Valid Class "G" Driver's License or equivalent
Ability to obtain a current and valid CPR and Emergency First Aid Certification.
Job requires knowledge of cleaning equipment, materials and methods. Job requires knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS). Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for, safe handling of chemical solutions used for cleaning to ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and proper use in order to maintain the safety of the work environment, staff and visitors. Job requires knowledge of worker responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and it's Regulations that apply to the position's work, and knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health and safety in the workplace to ensure compliance and reporting hazards. Job requires working knowledge of park programs, services and operating procedures. Job requires working knowledge of the Operating standards of the maintenance and sanitation of general building facilities. Job requires knowledge of customer service standards/practices a d etiquette to serve park clients and respond to general information requests from internal/external clients. Job requires knowledge of computers, and relevant software (i.e. Excel, Outlook, Intra-Internet) In order to update and maintain necessary supply inventories and communicate through necessary channels.
Job requires physical ability to carry out functions/duties of the position (i.e. carry awkward and moderate weight loads of cleaning supplies), including the ability to traverse through park property/land on foot, or while operating a variety of park vehicles/equipment, which can be rugged and/or remote terrain, as well as conducting these duties in all types of weather and inclement conditions. Job requires the ability to work shifts, including nights, weekends and statutory holidays as per schedule. Job requires organizational skills to work with minimal supervision, as well as ability to work independently, follow and carry out routine oral and written instructions in order to complete projects within acceptable time frames. Job requires analytical and planning skills to determine type of cleaning agent to use for various tasks, determine daily priorities, recognize equipment problems, need for maintenance and repairs, and deficiencies and/or shortage in supplies. Job requires interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to make staff, visitors and public aware of and understand the need for caution regarding wet floors or other obstruction(s) where cleaning is taking place Job requires basic computer skills including record keeping, electronic mail and internet software applications.
Freedom of Action:
Job requires working in accordance with procedures established, guidelines, directive or established park routines, practices and procedures, including adhering to routine maintenance schedules and standard cleaning practices and situations not covered by established methods and procedures are referred to the immediate supervisor for direction. Job requires, performing a variety of cleaning routines under minimal supervision. Work is reviewed for completeness and quality. On a daily basis, acts under the direct supervision of the Park Superintendent. Work is performed alone or with a student in a park environment. Job requires providing routine updates, and reporting problems, to immediate supervisor and other provincial park staff as required.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Career Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.Cette offre a été fournie par un employeur externe. Career Edge n'est pas responsable de l'exactitude, de l'authenticité ni de la fiabilité du contenu.